Interesting views and Polls on Next-gen from BBC.co.uk News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Polls (especially ones with such a paltry sample size) are utterly worthless. There are at least 30M gamers in Europe. I doubt 0.2% of them constitutes a good cross-section of the Euro gaming populace. PEACE.

gkar1 said:
Source: http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/opin...#vote_news_ARE_ONLINE_POLLS_USELESS?_17_05_05

"Are Online polls useless?"
Yes
82.78%

No
17.21%
56901 Votes Cast

Notice that the more bolding you use the more important and more truthfull it makes the poll.

:LOL: notice there are just about more voters in this poll than the other two combined?

EDIT: btw, what about this question:

Which next-generation games console looks the most tempting

I didn't know there were any PS3 or Revolution games displayed as of yet. Which ones are official-offical and have been displayed in a way that could possibly tempt a user?

notice there are just about more voters in this poll than the other two combined?
Hehe, yeah, but that's a joke and not a real pool. Not that I think even real pools are anything more but a joke.

I didn't know there were any PS3 or Revolution games displayed as of yet. Which ones are official-offical and have been displayed in a way that could possibly tempt a user?
Depends on what you mean by displayed. There's quite a few games announced for PS3 at this moment. Have any of them been demonstrated on a real final hardware? No. But neither have Xbox 360 games if you want to be technically correct. As for Revolution, I don't think anything has been announced for it yet.

MechanizedDeath said:
Polls (especially ones with such a paltry sample size) are utterly worthless. There are at least 30M gamers in Europe. I doubt 0.2% of them constitutes a good cross-section of the Euro gaming populace. PEACE.

The sample size is more than large enough. The problem here is the diversity of the sample and the ability to vote more than once or get other people to vote, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back