Interesting Sony patent, Matrix-like gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

Newcomer
http://www.newscientist.com/channel/info-tech/mg18624944.600

New Scientist said:
IMAGINE movies and computer games in which you get to smell, taste and perhaps even feel things. That's the tantalising prospect raised by a patent on a device for transmitting sensory data directly into the human brain - granted to none other than the entertainment giant Sony...

Funnily enough I stumbled across this information through an unlikely source... a NeXuS magazine. While I do read New Scientist Magazine from time to time, I must have missed this issue, back in April.

If anyone can find the actual patent for this (Jaws, I'm looking squarely at you buddy :p ) That would be tops!

i may be mistaken but this was posted before...
they basicly patented the matrix :)

If it was posted here before, by all means moderators please lock it. I just came across it and don't remember seeing it here before.

Imagine if this device was able to reached Online and got breached by some some really bad person while you where using the machine. With the sick and sadistic mind that the person that got access to your device (The person that has broken in is also known as me) decided to make your senses experience what it tastes like to have crap in your mouth......then flash images of things that would make you go into a fetal position and cry yourself to sleep (AKA nude pictures of the big lady from the View).......while playing "My Heart Will Go On" By Celine Dion.....

The future looks bright!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back