Interesting info about the cars in Iron Man

As far as I know all R8 models will look the same and the diesel version isnt even out yet so you cant love the look of that more than of the others ;)

I find it a bit suprising that they didnt know the car wouldnt flip. You dont have to be a genius to figure out a proper sports car will have a low center of gravity and wont act like your average american movie car.

Dont know about the movie, i've only seen the movie and I didnt got the idea there was a whole lot of substance behind it. Than again I dont know anything about the comic.

I know, but its not a production model yet and the one they did build has the old gearbox that cant handle the v12 engine.

But the cars look pretty much the same to me expet for the glass roof and the bigger rear wing.

I know, but its not a production model yet and the one they did build has the old gearbox that cant handle the v12 engine.

But the cars look pretty much the same to me expet for the glass roof and the bigger rear wing.

The cars look VERY different. For one look at the front of the car. its much more aggressive. Also there is a nacelle on the roof now and the engine bay...overall more aggressive looking. And of course its not a production model yet but it will be.

That was really silly IMO.

This would be so easy to do. Just have the ramp flip the car when it hits the end. In otherwords a hinge on the back where the post is. That would be very easy to do.

The burnout stuff was silly as well. Anyway I don't want to slam it or anything, but it really seems a big stretch to me.

They are in a marketing agreement with Audi and this is PR.

http://www.examiner.com/p-144232~_I...om_Marvel_Studios_and_Paramount_Pictures.html
The global Audi campaign themed to the film launches with a special micro site, where Audi and Iron Man fans around the world will be able to immerse themselves in "Iron Man" content. Early in April, communications will be stepped up, with television and cinema commercials, and outdoor advertising in the United States and international territories.

It is sad they ruined the cars for marketing though. They looked nice. And btw I think Audi makes some very desirable vehicles.

That was really silly IMO.

This would be so easy to do. Just have the ramp flip the car when it hits the end. In otherwords a hinge on the back where the post is. That would be very easy to do.

The burnout stuff was silly as well. Anyway I don't want to slam it or anything, but it really seems a big stretch to me.

They are in a marketing agreement with Audi and this is PR.

http://www.examiner.com/p-144232~_I...om_Marvel_Studios_and_Paramount_Pictures.html

It is sad they ruined the cars for marketing though. They looked nice. And btw I think Audi makes some very desirable vehicles.

I agree it was silly. I just thought it would be interesting. I love cars made by Audi...they have that clean lines that are just very attractive. They seem very precisely designed...but thats the feeling I get. If I wasnt in the market for getting an MV Agusta 1078 Brutale to complete the pairing with my MV Agusta Senna 1000R I would definitely look into getting an Audi after trading my car in. :) Audi S5s are sweet!

No burnout with ESP, that's obvious :) We had to specifically implement it (quite tricky too!) for our new models and that only for one or two specific driving modes - just to make customers happy.

r8060049_medium_opt.jpg

au070157_medium-450.jpg

r8060047_medium_opt.jpg

Back