Intel ARC GPUs, Xe Architecture for dGPUs [2018-2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well considering the lack of alternatives (at MSRP), I'm all for supporting Xe graphics.
I just wish Raja would learn the lesson for overhyping products for so long.

Oh I'm all for intel being back in this market don't get me wrong. But I don't believe they'll be able to sell at a decent price, or have good availability given the situation, even if they want too.

Thing about Intel is they are willing (and have the cash) to play "contra-revenue" games just to get back into the market. That said, those games didn't really go anywhere with mobile, plus I don't know what Gelsinger thinks about such games, and of course availability issues may may make sticker price a moot point in the short term.

Performance numbers look right in line with what they should be based on the Tiger Lake GPU, not that Firestrike is great or anything, but as a "benchmark" in the original sense, it's good enough in this case. Of course it also leaves hardware RT completely out.

I'm not terribly worried about pricing and availability either, at least not if it comes in at the rumored time of the very end of this year or beginning of next. We can see PS5 ebay prices dropping, supply at least increasing notionally, so AMD is slowly getting its own supply situation under control; and Nvidia appears confident enough that can at least swap out 2060 production for 30XX series that it's doing that. So I doubt the chip shortage will be as bad for high volume, high profit margin stuff like GPUs by the end of the year. And hell, it might not compete with the high end, but I'm sure everyone will be happy to see rx6800/3070ti and below MSRP drop due to competition.

5% off 3070 at the same die size is excellent for the first dedicated gpu for intel. This will give you a good start. I think also driver and games are not optimal for intel’s think with software optimisation it will age well and we will see similar performance..

5% off 3070 at the same die size is excellent for the first dedicated gpu for intel. This will give you a good start. I think also driver and games are not optimal for intel’s think with software optimisation it will age well and we will see similar performance..
N6's peak density is close to double 8LPP's though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back