Inq Scoops B3D on Own Article

Geo

Mostly Harmless
Legend
So far as I can tell. . .

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=22773

How the heck did they find it when I can't thru the front-end of B3D? I even tried backing up the URL string and ended up at the articles page where I didn't see it listed. So I'm either being thick this morning (always a prime possibility), or it is still in development and not intended for general release yet, or it is only intended for a limited audience and one of those "outed" it to Inq.

Thanks. I gather it will get its proper front-page due in good time. A pity those warping in now from around the 'net via Inq won't have a readily apparent way to provide feedback.

Pete said:
That may be a blessing in disguise, geo.
No kidding - I write one bloody article and everyone goes bok. God knows what's going to happen once I finally finish the entire benchmarking article.

I'm not sure whether to applaud Wavey's patient willingness to put himself in that position, or assume he also visits Mistress Spanks-a-Lot. <Blatant "Angel" ref to another famous Englishman, Wesley Wyndham Price>. :LOL:

geo said:
I'm not sure whether to applaud Wavey's patient willingness to put himself in that position, or assume he also visits Mistress Spanks-a-Lot. <Blatant "Angel" ref to another famous Englishman, Wesley Wyndham Price>. :LOL:
That's how Dave is 99% of the time -- he hardly ever gets mad. He's not human.

Reverend said:
geo said:

I have to say, Rev, that was quite decent of you to intercede like that in that thread. You weren't around at the start (so couldn't be assumed to be monitoring), and therefore had no visible responsibility to do so other than your own sense of fair play.

geo said:
Reverend said:
geo said:

I have to say, Rev, that was quite decent of you to intercede like that in that thread. You weren't around at the start (so couldn't be assumed to be monitoring), and therefore had no visible responsibility to do so other than your own sense of fair play.
F*ck decency and fairplay -- we're talking about public forums. Not sure which of my posts in that thread you're referring to but the only reason I particpated in that thread is to let folks know "The Reverend" is still around, that he has a humongously-sized head, that he is well hung, that Tim Sweeney and John Carmack knows The Reverend's is bigger than theirs and that Beyond3D -- and Anand -- is just a website about video cards.

Please salute me.

And, the moment having passed, he once again dons his aspect and raises his attribute. :LOL:

[from the immortal Roger Zelazny's "Lord of Light"]

As reference by Nick, this is only a description of SC:CT as a benchmark which should form part of a larger benchmarking guide that's being worked on. We'll explain frequently asked things like fill-rate graphs in there as well as add new page on for new game benchmarks that come in and form part of the test suite over time.

Well, I tried for a little common sense over there, hopefully without being too snotty --tho the Heinlein quote was borderline. I need to be careful pre-life-sustaining-caffeine levels in the morning.

:oops: I had no idea people on other sites had such strong negative views of B3D. Since I joined I haven't frequented any other site/forum for 3D discussion and I thought these forums were pretty much regarded as the cream of the crop all around. :?

digitalwanderer said:
The Baron said:
Pete said:
That may be a blessing in disguise, geo.
I want to die after reading a few pages of that.
Bastard! After your comment I went and started reading it and I could feel my braincells dying. :?

Careful of your heart when you hit the digi-slams in there from your old buddy Radar. ;)

geo said:
Careful of your heart when you hit the digi-slams in there from your old buddy Radar. ;)
Funny thing? I thought that guy was Radar even before the other guy identified him! :LOL:

Think I'm the "self-proclaimed thief" he referred to too? And I like how Paul called me a "hospitable troll at least". :)

digitalwanderer said:
Think I'm the "self-proclaimed thief" he referred to too? And I like how Paul called me a "hospitable troll at least". :)

I totally agree with (Pete?). You are hospitable. :LOL:

Yeah, when I read it the context I got was you. And, yes, I id'ed him immediately as Radar too. Personality does shine thru, doesn't it? ;) I remember thinking "I wonder what the heck that's about?" re the thief bit.

god, I registered and wrote a post and then wondered why I would even think about wasting my time with that bullshit.

Back