Inhaling vinegar harmful?

Vinegar consists of acid. Would the smell deteriorate my lungs?

http://www.ilo.org/public/english/protection/safework/cis/products/icsc/dtasht/_icsc03/icsc0363.htm

Most likely ridiculously cautious when dealing with vinegar instead of industrial grade acetic acid but:

"A harmful contamination of the air can be reached rather quickly on evaporation of this substance at 20°C."

"Inhalation: Sore throat. Cough. Burning sensation. Headache. Dizziness. Shortness of breath. Laboured breathing. Symptoms may be delayed (see Notes)."

I don't understand why anyone would WANT to inhale vinegar.

It's kind of obvious theres going to be harmful effects isn't it?

Like asking "will me eating bleach be bad for my stomach?"

Peace.

http://www.ilo.org/public/english/protection/safework/cis/products/icsc/dtasht/_icsc03/icsc0363.htm

Most likely ridiculously cautious when dealing with vinegar instead of industrial grade acetic acid but:

"A harmful contamination of the air can be reached rather quickly on evaporation of this substance at 20°C."

"Inhalation: Sore throat. Cough. Burning sensation. Headache. Dizziness. Shortness of breath. Laboured breathing. Symptoms may be delayed (see Notes)."

Vinegar is only about 5% acetic acid with a pH value of 2,5 (about the same as cola) - that is hardly a problem.

LOL
One of my former coworkers that I used to go and eat lunch with always had a dressing made on vinegar on his sallad. And he got it in the wrong throat *often*. I'm sure we looked quite hartless when we watched and laughed as he was coughing with tears flowing from his eyes. But it was hard not to laugh at it since he never learned.

He was always fine after a few minutes though.

Swenglish FTW! :mrgreen:

Swe: Vrångstrupe, where "strupe" = "throat" and "vrång" is pronounced like "wrong". There's no translation according to the dictionary, but "getting something into the 'vrångstrupe'" means you're choking on something.

If Inhaling vinegar is bad, then what would you say about Snorting Vinegar? Select the "Max - Snorts" link from the WTF Radio DJ Stunt Videos. Yes, that stunt was done by our site staff during their live radio show. :LOL:

Swenglish FTW! :mrgreen:

Swe: Vrångstrupe, where "strupe" = "throat" and "vrång" is pronounced like "wrong". There's no translation according to the dictionary, but "getting something into the 'vrångstrupe'" means you're choking on something.

Same thing in danish ;)
"han fik maden i den gale hals" = "he got his food in the airpipe"

gale = wrong

Ooops! :oops:
Humus did of course understand what I meant.
English 'windpipe' <=> Swedish 'luftstrupe' => direct translation 'air throat'.
English 'gullet' <=> Swedish 'matstrupe' => direct translation 'food throat'.
So with that in mind, he got it "in the wrong throat". :D

And yes, I had to look in a dictionary for the words 'windpipe' and 'gullet'. :oops:

Humus:
I, and I think most around here, would say 'fel strupe' (='wrong throat'). 'Vrångstrupe' would be used in the special case where the reason for choking is that you get chocked by something while eating. And the emphasis on such a sentence would be that you were chocked, not that you choked.

Back