India's EVMs are Vulnerable to Fraud

Maybe if you explained a little what it's all about, instead of just posting a couple links and a cryptic topic? :p

They all are. The Diebold (?) ones used in the US and in other countries have had numerous problems. That's not to say paper and postal votes are problem free, just if you're going to replace them with EVMs, then that should be a step forwards, not simply exchanging one set of problems for another.

Unless this is going to be a purely technical discusson of EVMs, I can't see how this isn't going to drift into politics, and so should probably be in RSPC.

Ok, so it's about electronic voting. Now I get it. :p

I watched the video clip, are there any reactions whatsoever from officials in India, or are they just ignoring this, hoping it'll die on its own?

I watched the video clip, are there any reactions whatsoever from officials in India, or are they just ignoring this, hoping it'll die on its own?

Not much of a reaction so far. Actually, so far the mainstream press hasn't picked it up either.

It's a massive egg on the face for the election commission here. They have been resisting external audits like Nixon-and-company so far, stuck in an infinite loop of security-through-obscurity propaganda.

Back