India - World Champions

Deepak

B3D Yoddha
Veteran
in 20-20 Cricket that is...:devilish:

Amazing to see our team which had played only ONE 20-20 match before...going on and beating everyone black and blue (except Kiwis:devilish:). Did anyone follow the tournament?

nice one india, not so nice one icc, (true theres a salander to fit everything into)
but to schedule this tornament at the same time as the rugby world cup is weird.
its severly diminished the news stories about the cricket here in nz + also SA i assume + to lesser degrees oz + england

So how do you guys think that 20-20 format is going to change the game. Do you guys think that we need to change Test Cricket somewhat?

I thought Cricket was very boring to watch. More so than Golf and F1 cars circulating around Barcelona.

Then I saw Yuvraj Singh smack every ball he received over the boundary. That ranked up there for me with Michael Johnson's ungodly 19.32s at Atlanta, which opened my eyes to Athletics.

If 20-20 produces such things on a regular basis, scrap the other formats. No one cares about them.

The stadiums are empty. There is no TV money involved in them. They are too complicated. Anything over 3hrs is generally doomed to failure for a TV audience and in terms of mainstream acceptance.

20-20 clearly is the future of this sport. It provides something that cricket has lacked, consistent action and tension. Better to accept it now instead of trying to flog the dead horse that is Test cricket and the donkey that is 1-day international cricket.

Back