Incredible Unreal engine 3 screenshot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's gonna be a lot of dissapointed people when next gen comes around. :rolleyes:

Edit: Hay, where did that post go that was before mine.(damn I should have quoted it!)

new-unreal-engine-3-views-20040624041525213.jpg
that is what i'm expecting next gen .

Of course those are not exactly what we'll be seeing in out TV's and monitors, but we should have learned by now to substract the extra resolution, AA, mipmapping etc... that make the pr shots so much cleaner.

If you substract those things in your mind from these pics, they are still impressive enough to represent next gen first gen game shots this gen before next gen even hasn't officially been introduced by next gen console makers.
Last gen it was much simpler.

Well they are publicity shots , at least you can see this in the e3 video from last year , may have some jaggies but a great visual leap from the ps2 and xbox 2 this

Looks good and all but i'll still bitch about lack of geometry in the next gen i think. Those rocks look nice and all, but they're still made of a very few polygons with a high res texture + normal map on top. Looks good in pics but it will look flat (cause it is) while moving.
Still, looks gorgeous.

london-boy said:
Looks good and all but i'll still bitch about lack of geometry in the next gen i think. Those rocks look nice and all, but they're still made of a very few polygons with a high res texture + normal map on top. Looks good in pics but it will look flat (cause it is) while moving.
Still, looks gorgeous.

Uh, no. Have you seen the UE3 presentation? The virtual displacement mapping technology has nice parallax effects using PS so at angles it still looks very real.

PC-Engine said:
london-boy said:
Still, looks gorgeous.

Uh, no. Have you seen the UE3 presentation? The virtual displacement mapping technology has nice parallax effects using PS so at angles it still looks very real.

Uh, yes. But if you look at the rocks, the outline that meets the grey sky, you can see the sharp polygonal edges. That's what i mean. Virtual displacement maps or not, they look flat.

aaaaa00 said:
jvd, london-boy, rabidrabbit pwned. :oops:

OMG OWNED!! HAHAHAHA

what the fuck, this picture has been all over the net "owning" pretty much everyone. It was made to look like a CG picture and naturally people fell for it.

Guess Love_in_Rio's Spam EXP has just gone up +10. Just another 40 points till the next level, when he becomes Green Spam Wizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back