Incoming advertising campaign - 6 weeks - May-to-June 2015

Rys

Graphics @ AMD
Veteran
Supporter
I've been working with an ad agency recently to work on a targeted campaign here on Beyond3D, starting soon and running for 6 weeks. They're buying 100% of our impressions for that time, so for 6 weeks they're the only ads you'll see.

It's focused primarily on our game developer sub community, so if you're a game dev or in the industry, take a look at the ads and if they interest you, please give them a click. Beyond3D doesn't make any more money if you do click, although it might make them come back and advertise with us again if it goes well, so my request isn't entirely altruistic.

If you block ads here, please carry on doing so. There's nothing special about this campaign to make me ask that you don't, other than not blocking ads here supports the site in general, but I completely understand why you'd want to and support you doing so as always. The agency is buying the campaign based on our current impression and click rate, so that's with everyone blocking ads as they normally would.

Just wanted to let everyone know that the campaign is incoming (hopefully, haven't signed on the dotted line just yet) and that out of all of the offers to advertise here that I traditionally turn down, I chose to say yes to this one since it's targeted at a technical part of the community and should be relevant.

No one should be blocking ads here imo, support your B3D! Very quick and easy to enable ads on B3D only.

Speaking of ads, did you end up doing the monthly subscriber memberships that include no ads?

Not yet, but it's still definitely the plan. I honestly don't mind ad blocking here, because they're not vital to B3D's existence and it's a bad way to fund content in general. But while we run ads, I want the advertiser to get value for their money.

Eventually we (hopefully) won't have them at all.

A quick update. Due to the client and the way they wanted the campaign to be run, the ads (now live!) are hosted at Beyond3D rather than on an ad network.

Thanks to Intel for advertising with us for the next little while.

Not sure how Intel's agency found us. If it was anyone here, thanks!

Back