In-line link to copyrighted image or movie on youtube; commit infringement.

Discussion in 'Politics & Ethics of Technology' started by Grall, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Grall

Grall Invisible Member
    Legend

Yup, it's true. A judge said so.

I wonder, if we gave all the money on the planet to the MPAA, would that make them happy?

My bet is, they'd still spit us in the face.

2. Davros

Legend

Did you know if you filled your ipod with pirated music it would be valued at 8.4 billion dollars according to the riaa

3. Bouncing Zabaglione Bros.

Legend

Media cartels just want to destroy the internet so they can go back to loan-sharking, stealing IP, and distribution control as the business model they've enjoyed for the last 50 years.

4. Grall

Grall Invisible Member
    Legend

Undoubtedly.

Meanwhile, figures leaked from privately held Spotify the other day indicate the company has a revenue of a bit over $1b, and losses of roughly $400M.

The MAFIAA can't wait for the service to fold, and all others like it as well. Undoubtedly, if they could stop ALL forms of piracy (through "trusted" computing, managed output control, encryption, whatever), they would undoubtedly consider $100 a fair price for a music album. If they price singles at $20 it would even be marketed as a great deal.

5. Bouncing Zabaglione Bros.

Legend

And they'd charge you every time you listened to it or format shifted it. The sooner these parasites die out the better.

6. Grall

Grall Invisible Member
    Legend

Shit, if they could charge you a nickel for humming one of their fucking tunes, they would. (It'd be a buck at least if you're outside of your home, for a "public performance license"...)

These are the people who sued a mother videotaping her kid and caught a pop tune on the radio with her camera mic for copyright infringement. I even think the bastards won, but I'm not 100% on that one.

7. Arwin

Arwin Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
    Moderator Legend

Sounds like a headache for forum moderators. I'd forgive them for disabeling inline links altogether.