In-line HTML5 Youtube videos on B3D

Is it more a case of coming up with a workflow for user to get their content into a real video format instead of gifs? If so, a sticky explaining how to do this and removing gif support would do the job.

Even if the rest of the internet stays on gifs forever, let's use modern tech here invented for the purpose for which it's being used.
Amen, Gifs should be banned, I wouldnt even do a sticky (as ppl dont read them) just whenever someone posts a gif, just replace it with a piece of text explaining the situation, the user will then go, 'aha I'll edit my post replacing the gif with a webm or whatever'

ps: cheers for fixing the copy & paste in a reply, one other minor thing I would like is whenever I copy & paste from elsewhere (like Grall has done above, perfect example) I would like the formatting removed, its a PITA when one pastes and then the text color is different or its bolded etc and then one starts typing and the new text is the new style

ps: cheers for fixing the copy & paste in a reply, one other minor thing I would like is whenever I copy & paste from elsewhere (like Grall has done above, perfect example) I would like the formatting removed
Like what I've done? Heh.

Anyhow, if you lower yourself to using goggle chrome (like I have done :p ), there's a "paste as plain text" option in the right-click context menu. It's very handy actually, I use it all the time myself, because as you say, picking up oddball fonts and formatting settings along with the text can be a huge PITA. Sometimes web pages have even failed to accept the pasted text because of screwy formatting.

I did no such thing, lol... I typed "@shifty" on an empty line and pressed enter, and then xenforo inserted the link on its own somehow after I hit post. :p

I didn't even notice it, but good on you for having young, sharp eyes! ;)

@zed it's called tagging a user and it generates an alert to let them know they've been mentioned.

having young, sharp eyes! ;)
wink, cause you know I'm in fact older than you. Well Fuck your dig at my age ;-), well fuck you back cause you're swedish and its eurovision night (apparently more important than xmas there or so I heard a couple of days ago, 3rd most important night in sweden, xmas eve is #4)
@zed it's called tagging a user and it generates an alert to let them know they've been mentioned.
Thank christ its working well then ... not
WORKINGWELL.png

@zed there are also limits on how many notifications a single thread will generate for a single user. This is so the user is not nagged to death. It is working as it was well designed to.
@zed you wouldnt want to be notified twice or @zed three times or even @zed four times for something like this, and lets not even go for the @zed five times. ;)

I've been meaning to look at a native paste with no formatting thing for ages. I'll make that my evening mission tonight after work.

Embedding of WebM and or maybe an option to upload WebMs would be a nice addition to a lot of sections of the forum. GIF just wasn't designed for video content.

Back