Important Point that may help Sony's Dual Shock appeal

Marvelite

Newcomer
Am looking around in the 'Net about the Konix Multi System when I came across the article: http://arrgh.rubberfeet.org/hardware/konix/: Particularly this passage
"Flare were responsible for the impressive hardware, but it was the case design by Konix' Wyn Holloway that really turned heads. The most revolutionary feature of the case design was the central control that could be twisted into a aircraft yoke, motorcycle handlebars, or car steering wheel. The wheel also featured a 'judderer' which was to provide force feedback several years before Nintendo's Rumble Pak for the Nintendo 64."
Does the judderer function count as prior art? This was in the late 80's. When did Immersion file their patent? If this help Sony I want a free 60GB with free games for a year.

Does the judderer function count as prior art? This was in the late 80's. When did Immersion file their patent? If this help Sony I want a free 60GB with free games for a year.
If there were away to use prior art in the case, Sony would have done it. They have highly paid lawyers and such for this sort of work. They won't have missed a trick. Unfortunately Priot Art doesn't seem to be recognised as invalidating many patents.

I thought they paid already?

Considering its Sony and the number of appeals they have made, I doubt it. Also, in case all of you have forgotten (and it seems you have), its not that they HAVE vibration, but its HOW they got it to work. MS and Logitech paid, Nintendo didn't infrinige.

Both are possible. They may have paid for the past use in the PS2 and for current use in PS2, but they may still not reach an agreement with Immersion for the PS3. To be honest, if the PS3 would get rumble, I think we'd have heard it by now. You never know, but I'm not counting on it.

Anyway, I'd rather that developers make good use of the sixaxis feature at this point.

Back