Imagination Technologies up for sale

Discussion in 'Graphics and Semiconductor Industry' started by tangey, Jun 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Arun

Arun Unknown.
    Moderator Veteran

I think MT6739 is a direct replacement for MT6735/MT6737, not MT6738 (which supports 1080p displays and LTE Cat6, while the MT6739 is 720p/Cat5 - of course MT6739 might still end up cannibalising MT6738 sales). I'm currently using a Cubot Dinosaur with the MT6735 as my travel phone (dual-SIM, massive battery life, etc.) so I'm actually looking forward to buying a similar device using the MT6739! At 720p, GE8100 is *more* than enough for 60FPS on Android 8.0 UI and all common casual games.

It will be a nice memorandum of my time at Imagination/PowerVR... :) My last day was last friday, but there's still a lot of great people and exciting technology! I'm confident they'll be very successful so long as they can retain enough of their key engineers... It's an open question whether the new owners will be able to improve financial compensastion (and morale) enough to do so. I hope they will.

Kej, roninja, kalelovil and 1 other person like this.
  2. bdmosky

Newcomer

Do you know where you are headed next?

3. Ailuros

Ailuros Epsilon plus three
    Legend Subscriber

Et tu, Brute? :(

CarstenS and roninja like this.