Images of the Alpha Xenon developer´s kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would it have a recycled Aluminium G5 case? That design belongs to Apple, not sure why MS would either copy or just use it for their dev kits. As it stands, there is no need for an infra-red filter. It's fake.

Love_In_Rio said:
Is anything real in your world ?

Mate, if you want it to be real, then fine, i don't care. You asked if it's real and i explained why i don't think it is. If you thought everyone was goona go WOOOOOT ITZ TEH XENON DEVQIT!!11!1 then i'm sorry to disappoint you.

Rumoured? I thought it was a well known fact that the Xenon dev-kits were G5s? Didn't some developers comment on them already? Either way, it's quite ironic :p

Yeah, the G5's as early devkits where official as far as I remember and I'm not surprised that they still use G5's.

Fredi

I hope, for the sake of B3D, that this thread sinks and disappears quickly. Don't want the rest of the world laughing at this supposed 'technically-advanced community of B3D' behaving as if they are ignorant of what a G5 is or how it looks like.

And whoever wants to gawk, do a web search for the Apple G5. There are thousands of better pictures on the web since I-can't-remember-when.

PC-Engine said:
lb got owned on this one. :LOL:

My god you know what's freaky, i was just waiting for someone (you) to come out with "HAHA LB GOT PWNED!!"... :rolleyes:

So, Xenon devkits are G5s. Let's all post pics of G5s and cum all over them? Not sure where all the excitement is. They're G5s, not spaceships.

passerby said:
I hope, for the sake of B3D, that this thread sinks and disappears quickly. Don't want the rest of the world laughing at this supposed 'technically-advanced community of B3D' behaving as if they are ignorant of what a G5 is or how it looks like.

And whoever wants to gawk, do a web search for the Apple G5. There are thousands of better pictures on the web since I-can't-remember-when.

So so true. :LOL:

london-boy said:
PC-Engine said:
lb got owned on this one. :LOL:

My god you know what's freaky, i was just waiting for someone (you) to come out with "HAHA LB GOT PWNED!!"... :rolleyes:

So, Xenon devkits are G5s. Let's all post pics of G5s and cum all over them? Not sure where all the excitement is. They're G5s, not spaceships.

London-boy, does every other post of yours have to go down a sexually explicit path? ;)

One thing that I didn't mention during the keynote is that all of our Alpha kits are actually based on Macintosh G5 dual-processors. So for the last year, developers have been using our operating system, our APIs, connecting to our service, using our controllers, and thinking different with dual-processor G5s. It turns out that there are two different chips in the Mac, but we are going to put them on the same die.

http://www.tomshardware.com/business/20050313/index.html

_phil_ said:
512MB memory, sweeeet

err... ,the xbox devkit had 128 MB (twice the console) .

Hmm..I'm hoping that the website that reported X360 has having 512MB, based on dev kit documentation, wasn't simply looking at the amount of RAM in the kit, then :?

Titanio said:
_phil_ said:
512MB memory, sweeeet

err... ,the xbox devkit had 128 MB (twice the console) .

Hmm..I'm hoping that the website that reported X360 has having 512MB, based on dev kit documentation, wasn't simply looking at the amount of RAM in the kit, then :?

Now that you mention it, I in fact do remember the 'insight' into the RAM in XBox 2 coming from the amount in the dev-kit. I think whatever the case, we're just going to have to accept that we can't take anything for granted until Microsoft says it themselves.

I thought it was said a thousand times over that the earliest devkits were just dual-CPU G5 Macs with high-end current video cards. I'd be more interested in seeing what beta setups look like. I'd suppose only studios owned by MS have laid eyes on that. I'm fairly sure that all the feigned lack of knowledge and repeated changing of specs on MS's part is pretty much a lie to keep any developer from blurting something out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back