I'm very disapointed about your forum,really!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by powerflower, May 11, 2012.

1. powerflower

Newcomer

I made that Dramcast thread and beeing called a troll and the thread closed is very weak cause I'm a Gamer since 1980 on nearly every console/arcade system...

Thanks for the one day good time and bye bye :(

2. willardjuice

willardjuice super willyjuice
    Moderator Veteran Alpha Subscriber

My intentions were certainly not to make you leave or feel hurt. But look at it from my point of view, when a completely new user joins and starts a thread where he compares a console to women is...suspicious to say the least. This forum is geared toward the technical aspects of 3D graphics (e.g. game engines), 3D graphics hardware, and physx. Threads that blindly promote one console as the "greatest thing ever" are usually not the type of discussions we aim for.

Again I am sorry you took offense; I admit I could have been a bit nicer about it.

3. powerflower

Newcomer

Well it wasnn't my intention to tell everybody to have the same opinion like mine,but my opinion is so as I sad and my first words were "What do you think?"
    I was honestly interested in others opinion,nothing more nothing less.
    And yes the woman thing wasn't such a good idea...

I'm just tired of bashing on each others personalities on the internet.I love constructive discussions even if opinions go far away from each other,no problem at all :)

Maybe I should think twice before posting.

Greetings powerflower

4. Shifty Geezer

Shifty Geezer uber-Troll!
    Moderator Legend

As a heads up, direct console comparisons (or most comparisons) generally aren't welcome because the level of debate always regresses to fanboy bickering. There is currently one comparison thread (PS2 vs. GC) which was spawned out of a proper discussion thread to prevent that other thread being derailed, and had merit because one of our experienced developers was contributing his technical knowledge. Anyone starting a thread "Was GC better than PS2" will likely find it getting locked up front.

Now a technical post-mortem on a console is a perfectly fine discussion - "the good, the bad, and the ugly of Console X". It could look at the technical accomplishments and shortcomings especially compared to the standards of the day. This forum's been going long enough that I'm sure those discussions have been had a few times now though. ;)

5. french toast

Veteran

I didn't see you post so i can't comment on that, but what i would say is that everyone on this forum is friendly and up for a good debate, however there is unwritten rules so to speak, and that is no fan boyism, bringing up consoles and 'defending' a particular one is a sure way to provoke a flame war..i should know im usually dragged right into them:razz:

Also this site is highly technical and straight to the point, (most of the time) usually if you make comments you will be expected to provide some links to back up your point of view, so as people don't start drinking too much koolaid ;) and also try to stick to the thread topic, else shiffty will be on you like flash! however no one ive met is that anal that if things go over your head you wont get a few tips:wink:

So instead of leaving why not start a fresh....

6. homerdog

homerdog donator of the year
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

This is always, always good advice. Can't tell you how many times I've written out a >1 paragraph post only to trash it at the end because A) I answered my own question or B) The post contributes nothing to the forum or C) I took too long and Al had a chance to slip in a terribly corny one-liner, causing me to lose my train of thought.
    Posting is really a thought process, and you don't always have to click Submit to get something out of it.

7. Rodéric

Rodéric a.k.a. Ingenu
    Moderator Veteran

Same here, I think I would have twice the amount of posts if I did.
    These days I did hit submit a bit too often ;p

8. Shifty Geezer

Shifty Geezer uber-Troll!
    Moderator Legend

9. Ika

Ika
    Newcomer Subscriber

I loved your Dreamcast thread, it made me happy and you did nothing wrong at all. Don't get discouraged to show your honest feelings, especially not when you are right! The Dreamcast was awesome, period.:wink:

10. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Dangerously Mirthful
    Legend

11. french toast

Veteran

Yes the dreamcast was a very good console. :)