I'm RMAing my X800 pro vivo.

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Damn it, and it just kills me to do it since I really like the card! :?

But it's not a VIVO, the WMD drivers won't load and it's just recognized as a Pro.

So I sent in me RMA request detailing my problems and am anxiously awaiting the results. I'm hoping I can get 'em to ship me out a replacement before I send this one back in, I hate the thought of using a V5 5000 for any length of time after playing with this thing!!! :oops:

good luck big guy .

My friend just got one of the x800pros from compusa and can only get it running at 510/560

Luck will have nothing to do with it, I got kind of honked off when I finally noticed it playing around with drivers today. (I was more honked off at myself for missing it so many other times. :oops: )

When I noticed it didn't load the WMD drivers I contacted the company I got it from....this is the most I've ever paid for any piece of kit and I'd kind of like to get what I paid for.

I just don't want to take it out, y'know?

It's stupid, but I just don't want to give it up even for just a week or two shipping....I just don't want to go back. :(

well being under warranty is good, but did ya flash the card? when i flashed my PRO not vivo with the gigibytext bios ( to get the 16 pipes) it activated my theater chip!, but was kinda shocked, the drivers load so fast i assumed it was a no go.. then i flashed with the ATIXTPE bios ( to get more stable and higher clocks) it reloaded my WDM! took longer and is in my device manager in the sound/vidiocontrolers section. I guess im asking did ya look in the right place?

No sign of them there, they definately haven't been loading. :(

No, I haven't flashed it yet...I was too chicken to do so until I told my wife about it.

Hey DW remeber something I said ?

Sxotty said:
I just wanted to let youguys know that if I were you I would not deal with the company (bestbargainpc.com) DW bought this card from.

I just cancelled my check card so that they could not charge it. I bought one the same day as DW but did not pay the 3.00 expedited shipping fee (I suppose I am used to newegg where they ship it the next day anyway) in any case they still have not shipped the card, I emailed them 2 days ago to cancel the order and got no response. I also called their number about 50 times with no response. In any case I ordered one from another store instead after canceling the check card and it will be here tomorrow.

I haven't tried using VIVO on my powercolor one either yet, and there is just a sticker on the box saying it is VIVO, now you made me worried :p Anyway good luck

Does it have the yellow socket next to the molex? Does windows pick up 2 unknown devices?

If the answer is no to both of those then it was never a ViVo to begin with. :(

The 4.9 Betas ("Doom 3 hotfix") are missing the WMD drivers, so if you're using those, try the 4.8's.
My X800 Pro Vivo is also recognized as just a "X800 Pro", so i don't think it should say VIVO too.

Follow "Broken hopes" tip and look for the yellow connector. Easiest way to find out i guess. :)

Broken Hope said:
Does it have the yellow socket next to the molex?
Yes

Does windows pick up 2 unknown devices?
Do you mean like an X800 pro and an X800 pro secondary? Yeah, it has that under display adapters....but I figured that was normal since my 9700 pro & 9600 pro both have the same thing.

If you mean two additional unknown devices aside from those then no.

digitalwanderer said:
Broken Hope said:
Does it have the yellow socket next to the molex?
Yes

Does windows pick up 2 unknown devices?
Do you mean like an X800 pro and an X800 pro secondary? Yeah, it has that under display adapters....but I figured that was normal since my 9700 pro & 9600 pro both have the same thing.

If you mean two additional unknown devices aside from those then no.

I did mean 2 additional unknown devices.

To be honest with you and it would also explain why your overdrive tab was working. I honestly think that maybe your board has been flashed with a standard pro bios and not a ViVo bios.

That would explain why you have the hardware but windows not picking it up.

I'm also assuming the back of the card has the rage theatre chip?

My card doesn't have 2 unknown devices on it. However it does have the yelllow connector, the rage theater chip, 1.6ns ram, and it installed the WDM drivers. Of course I haven't used the VIVO function yet so it might not work.

Broken Hope said:
To be honest with you and it would also explain why your overdrive tab was working. I honestly think that maybe your board has been flashed with a standard pro bios and not a ViVo bios.

That would explain why you have the hardware but windows not picking it up.

I'm also assuming the back of the card has the rage theatre chip?
Yes I have a theatre chip, and you could very well be right about the bios.

I just don't want to monkey with it and void the warranty until I know I got what I ordered, so if the bios is wrong it is their problem this time. (Which feels weird to say considering how nothing a card flashing is, but I'm paranoid about the warranty and am still freaked out about the cost of the thing. )

If you have any doubts on your card being a VIVO, just load up microsoft movie maker and check if you have an ATi capture device. I don't think you have to connect anything there...

That will make sure if WDM drivers are installed or not.

I tried that and if found a conextant viddy device, but I have a tv-card in my rig too along with a digital camera that isn't hooked up currently.

It didn't find any ATi devices.

Wrong bios then... sorry :|

I wouldn't risk flashing it unless there's a way to put it back again without much effort and making sure it's the same brand. Just so that you won't get trouble RMAing if real hardware problems arise.

I have no experience in flashing vidcards, so I can't really be of no help there.

t0y said:
I have no experience in flashing vidcards, so I can't really be of no help there.
I got tons of experience flashing, but damn near none with warranties. I usually buy my stuff second-hand & "as is"....this is the first time in a long time that I actually bought the latest tech new and I'm trying to follow the rules/regular customer behavoir rather than just be me geeky self.

At least until I know I got what I'm supposed to, then watch out! ;)

What is the ram supposed to run at btw? I mean 1.6 ram is rated at what speed? ATI tool put mine at 570Mhz from the stock of 450, but I feel uncomfortable running it that high, so I run it at 520.

I am contemplating flashing mine, cause the core autodetected over 520 as well, but that is only on 12 pipes so it might not work, I dunno it makes me sqeamish to worry of destroying such an expensive peive of equipment...

Sxotty said:
What is the ram supposed to run at btw? I mean 1.6 ram is rated at what speed? ATI tool put mine at 570Mhz from the stock of 450, but I feel uncomfortable running it that high, so I run it at 520.

I am contemplating flashing mine, cause the core autodetected over 520 as well, but that is only on 12 pipes so it might not work, I dunno it makes me sqeamish to worry of destroying such an expensive peive of equipment...

560 is default 570 with overdrive .

Back