I'm looking for info on an old friend, please help!

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Dang it, it just SEEMS like something I should be able to find out too!

I just recently got in touch with an old buddy of mine from a group of friends I used to hang regularly with for years, and me and him were catching up on what happened to all our buddies during the last 10-13 years.

Most are doing well thankfully, but one was interesting to say the least....our old buddy Ken had shown up at my friends house just a few months back out of the blue after about a 10 year hiatus and he freaking scared my friend shitless!

He wasn't intimidating him specifically or anything, it was just a sign of how much the guy has changed. I guess he spent some time in prison for killing someone or something, but I don't have any real details.

I'd like those details, I really would.

Ken was always a little scary in a crazy way, but kind of like I was at the time....it's just a natural result of having no direction or clue in life and trying to drink your way thru I reckon. But when I was living homeless he gave me a place to stay for a while which I really appreciated, and it was actually when I was living at his house that I met my wife.

I want to know how two people at about the same point in their life can go such opposite directions, 'cause I'm just getting this whole "there but for the grace of God" type of feeling about the whole thing. :?

PM me his name and such details as you know and I'll see what I can dig up in newspaper archives. Age, where born, grew up, high school, like that. They are pretty current. No guarantees of course.

I'm gonna try and find out from my old friend, the info just sort of freaked me. I chose to quit living in his house one drunken night when he showed me the 9mm he picked up and had this crazy look in his eye, I decided that living under the expressway was much better and safer!

I'm now wondering just how big a choice that was, and how much grief it saved me. :?

Life is weird. I can trace how my life changed in such huge ways back to the weirdest little choices and incidents.

I PMed ya Geo, thanks. I'm gonna do the bright thing and check with me Mum about it in the morning. (She was a lawyer before she went into banking, she even was a sitting judge a few times...she has some good contacts. ;) )

Back