ILM using HTC Vive and real-time graphic environments to interact with Star Wars sets

Discussion in 'Rendering Technology and APIs' started by Clukos, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Clukos

Clukos Bloodborne 2 when?
    Veteran Newcomer

Pretty interesting, i am wondering if this will ship alongside Vive, looks very promising!

2. eastmen

Legend Subscriber

looks awesome but I hope they don't limit it to just the vive ! I'm still un decided about which head set to get

3. hughJ

Regular

They showed the Vive, DK2, CAVE, and tablet interfaces in that video. Maybe I'm missing something here, but that video seems to be advertising an R&D lab and the variety of hardware and software workflow they're using, not a piece of consumer entertainment software made available for a particular VR HMD. Pretty sure this is just ILM getting their name out there (as Google, Facebook, MS, Sony and everyone else already have) in a move to shore up their talent pool well in advance of any kind of play at the commercial VR/AR market that will exist years from now.

4. eastmen

Legend Subscriber

my bad , I only noticed the vive but around the 2 minute mark they quickly show the dk2 twice.