Ignore Feature?

Well if Scali was banned, then so should a good majority of people on these forums.
Looks like he just frustrated the wrong people more than anything.
I've seen many more abusive users/postings still currently active then he ever made during his time.

BTW Love that banned users thread, its so obvious he really pushed someone’s buttons. :LOL: Yay for the power hungry mods :rolleyes:

CitizenC said:
Well if Scali was banned, then so should a good majority of people on these forums.
Looks like he just frustrated the wrong people more than anything.
I've seen many more abusive users/postings still currently active then he ever made during his time.
Did you happen to read all of Scali's threads? :|

BTW Love that banned users thread, its so obvious he really pushed someone’s buttons. :LOL: Yay for the power hungry mods :rolleyes:
Nope, yay for assholes who push mods buttons after being warned....EVERYONE should know better than that. (Hell, even I know better than that!)

Natoma said:
I took a queue from Rev's stickied ban thread and changed my sig. It's harder to do this without the forum software doing it for me, but frankly epicstruggle has turned into nothing but an overbearing troll in the RSPC forum.

No other option.
lol

Scali caused trouble twice in a row.
1st, it was his anti Doom 3 campaign.
Then, it was his pro-futuremark campaign.

Ignore thread feature?

How about an ignore thread feature? There are lots of threads that have intresting titles, but that end up as multi-page discussions of something else entirely. (Some of them start that way.) True, most of those eventually get locked, but if an ignore feature were going to be added, it would be nice if it provided more options than just ignore user.

As for the more general question of whether "ignore" is desirable, well, some people would never use it, and that's great. But a lot of people would, in order to limit exposure to people (or threads) with posts that don't tend to useful to the person doing the ignore. Why not allow that?

Yeah, I know it won't happen, but I think it would be useful.

Enjoy, Aranfell

i politly ask again if this feature could be installed...
_ALL_ other phpBB boards i visit have it enabled and it DOES help.

i like some discussions, even heated ones, but some ppl are just too much for me, just as i expect i am too much for them.....
IGNORE would help alot to keep personal attacks down and have cleaner discussions.

please, consider adding this feature....once again.......

I try and ignore the Political sections at PC tech sites.
(Which, if I ever run one, will not have a political forum.)

But...it seems I like a fight...

So knowing the political forums are usually chock full of
anti-American sentiment, I just can't stay away sometimes.
Kinda funny and sad at the same time.

BTW...if I could sum up my life in one or two sentences both real
and virtual, it would be.

"I have often played the part of hero. And got bitten in the ass everytime
because of it." ~Self-Quote~

digitalwanderer said:
silence said:
_ALL_ other phpBB boards i visit have it enabled and it DOES help.
Elite Bastards doesn't have it, and we're phpBB. :)

you simply had to spoil my fun..didnt you...bad digi,bad :D

but question is, could you install it if you needed/wanted it?

silence said:
digitalwanderer said:
silence said:
but question is, could you install it if you needed/wanted it?
Me? No, but our webmaster could. We choose not to. :)

thats the the big difference...you could, but you didnt....
that doesnt mean its impossible :p

Well in the end, there is no difference, u're still not gonna get it the option..... :devilish:

london-boy said:
Well in the end, there is no difference, u're still not gonna get it the option..... :devilish:

i know....
014.gif

K.I.L.E.R said:
It'd be a shame to not be able to use late term birth control on you. :LOL:

so funny....you must be a real kick when you go out with your friends.....
IF you go out and have friends that is......

silence said:
K.I.L.E.R said:
It'd be a shame to not be able to use late term birth control on you. :LOL:

so funny....you must be a real kick when you go out with your friends.....
IF you go out and have friends that is......

Sorry, you're like my older brother. :D

All,

Has Dave or another gave a reason why an Ignore Feature is not implemented? On the surface I don't see a reason why those that wish to use it could use it without harming anything.

Any thoughts?
Dr. Ffreeze

All,

I answered my own questions:

DaveBaumann: Sorry, the board doesn't support options like these at the moment, and we aren't going to mod the board.

Possibly when phpBB 2.2 comes around they may have a few more features like this.

DaveBaumann: [Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:26 am] However, as a general rule I'm opposed to making any modifications to the forum as then this becomes an issue for support with later revisions (which I'm already behind on). I'm keeping an eye on the progress of phpBB2.2 which does have more options and functionality including (I think) ignores and ratings etc.

Does anyone know how phpBB2.2 is doing and if it indeed does support ignore?

Thankx All,

Back