If You're tired of the ATI news....KYRO 4800 SE review up :D

Tompa

Newcomer
Hey guys, excuse me for keep on repeating myself with the K2-SE posts in these ATI-9700 days, this time the Kyrozone's review is up, http://www.kyrozone.com/articoli/480064MB.php (in Italian)
The K2SE is compared to Radeon 7500,GF4MX440 and the old K2 on some good old benchies like Q3, RTCW, 3dmark, SS, Evolva..etc.

Well...it seems to be quite ok...or at least what U could expect, shows better FSAA figures, keeps up pretty good with the concurrents and the image Q is better then ever (if I understood the translation correct).

The big question though seems to be unanswered, IF the Enhanced TnL is worth anything?
Still (acc. to the reviewer) the drivers need to be worked on before we see any enhancements in this area, but wasn't that what all this was about?
wasn't this board announced only with this in mind at the first place? and shouldn't this be finished already then? I mean, wasn't the drivers the "thing" about this board?
how could they then assume a BIG improvement in the TnL if the drivers not were alredy finished? or was there some HW modifications also? ...well..well...time will tell...

Now playing AVP2 at 1024x768, GTA3 at 800x600 and RTCW at 800x600 FSAA on my system....
...still works pretty good actually.....

Win XP
AMD AThlon 1800+
ECS K7S5A
256 Mb DDR
Hercules Kyro-II
SB Audigy

// Tompa

I am glad Hercules is keeping the tiler alive. Man it would be a shame if this is the last we see of PowerVR tech :cry: .

Back