If you're into pixar movies

RussSchultz

Professional Malcontent
Veteran
The Incredibles was quality. A reasonably good story, good animation, and funny for kids and adults alike.

Not so much of the inside jokes, if thats what you're into, but still a good show.

Two thumbs up.

The Incredibles was great. Not perfect, but easily scored as a 9/10 on the animated movie scale.

John Reynolds said:
I've got next Thursday off for Veteran's Day so it's either Incredibles or Alfie that day.

Meh. You'd be better off watching the original which was a very good film than the aimless remake.

I found Finding Nemo absolutely fantastic, totally hilarious, especially because of the blue fish (can't remember her name)...

Is this as funny?

I never found Toy Story hilarious.

Shark Tale (I know its dreamworks) had the crab though. Thats the best charachter ever, totally under used. I think the blue fish was Dory

sytaylor said:
Shark Tale (I know its dreamworks) had the crab though. Thats the best charachter ever, totally under used. I think the blue fish was Dory

Yes! Dory... One of the funniest character in years, for me at least.

Call me a Pixar fanbwoy but Dreamworks stuff leaves me a bit "meh".... Not sure why, maybe the fact that they're second best, maybe the fact that they only started after seeing that CGI animated movies did well after what Pixar did.........
But i enjoyed Shrek. It's just that Pixar movies have "something" that's just pure quality.

london-boy said:
It's just that Pixar movies have "something" that's just pure quality.
I would say its the thought and effort they put into the story/script.

london-boy said:
Call me a Pixar fanbwoy but Dreamworks stuff leaves me a bit "meh".... Not sure why, maybe the fact that they're second best, maybe the fact that they only started after seeing that CGI animated movies did well after what Pixar did.........
But i enjoyed Shrek. It's just that Pixar movies have "something" that's just pure quality.

She sharktale, then beg for forgiveness... just cos

Really looking forward to The Incredibles and best of all, unlike for Nemo I won't have to wait half a year till it starts in theaters here, yay!

As for Dreamworks vs. Pixar, I think Pixar still has the edge in both visual quality a well as style and wit, with the exception of A Bug's Life. Antz looked less vibrant and colorfull, but had IMO a better sense of humor.

Shrek is also kind of an exception since Pixar has never quite made anything like it. They still stick with their "kiddie" themes (yet manage to make them also wildly entertaining for grown ups). Shrek 2 was possibly some of the best entertainment I've had in the cinemas in the recent years, despite a few bad scenes it was just very very funny...

london boy I think you'll definitly enjoy The Incredibles at least as much as Find Nemo. I loved Finding Nemo and I think the Incredibles is even better, maybe it's cause there's less of the "cuteness".

I think part of Pixar's success is the use of serious and relatable themes.
Toy Story had Cowboys jealousy towards Buzz Lightyear and fear of being replaced. The Incredibles touches the subject of being different and struggling to fit in.

Which ant movie came first, Pixars or Dreamworks?

Back