If other games looked like The Order 1886

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the change for the better or for the worse? :p

RYSE:

ibe1JjtMJe1mqO.jpg

iAPVkBbeb7mOx.png

Wider aspect ratio is a composition with a wider horizontal FOV, not a cropped vertical FOV, it prevents having too much sky and ground which is notorious with wide angle lens.

You fail at trolling. :p

Wider aspect ratio is a composition with a wider horizontal FOV, not a cropped vertical FOV, it prevents having too much sky and ground which is notorious with wide angle lens.

You fail at trolling. :p
I'm not trolling. I'm actually curious as to what others think.

In regards to the FOV, the Order already has a variable FOV depending if you're in cover or not.

Is this wailing and gnashing of teeth all because someone dared compare another game to your beloved Crysis? I've noticed you get very, very defensive when those particular tech demos are at all threatened!

Hmmm... If someone wants to go filmic look, I guess they have to fool our brains same way as the low framerate film do. So I guess answer is yes (in motion). Screenshots and those who are allergic to any kind of blur (motion or otherwise), probably answer no.

All I have to say - I'd watch Order 1886 movie :)

(I'm currently playing again original Deus Ex... my eyes hurt because of bad graphics but at the same time I imagine how good same game would look if done today with Order §886 quality.)

Okay. I guess it's a serious discussion...

Considering The Order, by all accounts from early reviews, gamers impressions, multiple videos, opinions of B3D members, and most gaming media, looks amazing and photorealistic. You really need to hone your skills with photoshop and make the bottom image much more photorealistic. The exaggerated filters you added didn't achieved that, and it made it look much worse than the original Ryse screenshot.

I have no idea what you try to prove with this. The Order would look better without filters? What?

I'm not trying to prove anything. I'm gauging the public opinion on this matter. Mhh.. I should have made it a poll.

BTW, any requests to do the comparison with other games?

The first pic clearly looks like a computer game. It looks artificial.

The second one like a really bad foto...can you do maybe better? But indeed, it helps in some places to hide the right in your face flaws and in this spots improve believability imo.

Is the change for the better or for the worse? :p

You know that I mostly agree with you on that delicate subject but I still find your comparison a tiny bit unfair and exaggerated:

- The motion blur (and/or DOF) you apply on the second pic is really excessive even compared to the most mo-blurred The Order pics I have seen until now.
- The top Ryse image you use to do your comparison is originally lacking motion blur because it had being taken while the character wasn't moving (or not much). Because Ryse is blurred too (moblur and/or TXAA type induced blur) when the character is moving. So it's unfair to compare a general blur from 2 games (or the same game) if we take one pic on a rather immobile scene versus one pic on a very fast moving scene.

But as a caricature this thread has still some very good reasons to exist I think.

Last edited:
The bottom image gives me the impression that the camera is in horizontal motion and hence there is a motion blur.
Come on The Order isnt THAT blurry

acnyzh.png

domuom.png

Leaving this here, going to see if I can find some good screencaptures of other games and apply some filters. I played with Halo 4 360, but just in paint.net, it does look interesting.

Edit: It is not blur, it is coal dust/smoke/particles - where is the filter for that in CS4?

Last edited:
You know that I mostly agree with you on that delicate subject but I still find your comparison a tiny bit unfair and exaggerated:

- The motion blur (and/or DOF) you apply on the second pic is really excessive even compared to the most mo-blurred The Order pics I have seen until now.
- The top Ryse image you use to do your comparison is originally lacking motion blur because it had being taken while the character wasn't moving (or not much). Because Ryse is blurred too (moblur and/or TXAA type induced blur) when the character is moving. So it's unfair to compare a general blur from 2 games (or the same game) if we take one pic on a rather immobile scene versus one pic on a very fast moving scene.

But as an caricature this thread has still some very good reasons to exist I think.
1) OK, perhaps I went too far there.
2) This is true but it counts also as a comparison between games that do use motion blur and games that don't (although it's somewhat possible to add that in After Effects, actually). Also Ryse's MB implementation is super subtle in comparison to The Order so I also wanted to illustrate that a bit.
acnyzh.png

domuom.png

Leaving this here, going to see if I can find some good screencaptures of other games and apply some filters. I played with Halo 4 360, but just in paint.net, it does look interesting.

Edit: It is not blur, it is coal dust/smoke/particles - where is the filter for that in CS4?

You forgot these:

ntyznb.png

pcsqzb.png

1) OK, perhaps I went too far there.
2) This is true but it counts also as a comparison between games that do use motion blur and games that don't (although it's somewhat possible to add that in After Effects, actually). Also Ryse's MB implementation is super subtle in comparison to The Order so I also wanted to illustrate that a bit.

You forgot these:

ntyznb.png

pcsqzb.png
There is an obvious motion blur due to camera movement

I know those were provided by Sony, and the problem I really have with it, and something that I also hated low res games for (not saying this is low res) - the crap I am supposed to be shooting is too hard to bleeping see correctly. LOL How many times do you have to look at the screen to notice the headless NPC? Just my complaint, far off objects should somehow be sharper. If they could please adjust that prior to release, and NPC's that I should be shooting should be a bit more crisp.
What kept me a PC gamer for so long, 480i vs VGA/SVGA/etc. Maybe it is from my wonderful 400/20 (20/400?) vision or whatever I have. LOL

I added my try at it using Fable Legends. Original pic is here.

Arch.jpg

My try again.

212bnzn.jpg

Last edited:
I know those were provided by Sony, and the problem I really have with it, and something that I also hated low res games for (not saying this is low res) - the crap I am supposed to be shooting is too hard to bleeping see correctly. LOL How many times do you have to look at the screen to notice the headless NPC? Just my complaint, far off objects should somehow be sharper. If they could please adjust that prior to release, and NPC's that I should be shooting should be a bit more crisp.
What kept me a PC gamer for so long, 480i vs VGA/SVGA/etc. Maybe it is from my wonderful 400/20 (20/400?) vision or whatever I have. LOL

I added my try at it using Fable Legends. Original pic is here.

Arch.jpg

My try again.

212bnzn.jpg
My attempt:

ibkuZ2aQxY7f90.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back