Identify this resistor for me :(

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by lwells, Mar 11, 2004.

1. lwells

Newcomer

Hi All,
    Having a really bad day. First off the motherly figure drops the laptop -- A$1600 repair bill :( Then, will I was removing the shim on my R9500 (modded to 9700Pro) I slipped, and there went one of the tiny resistors on top of the core never to be seen again :oops: *eek*. So is anyone able to tell me what the resistence for the.. er.. resistor is so I can replace it?

[​IMG]

Thanks,
    Lucien.

2. zsouthboy

Regular

throw a dvom across a few of the others on top and see what they are... they're probably similar.

if all else fails, just throw some solder across where the resistor was.. i mean hey, the card is dead anyway...

3. lwells

Newcomer

I have a hunch its 8.6Ohm as some of the others are (according to a digit life article about hard modding a 9500 --> 9700)... But I was hoping one of the gurus on here would know for sure.

I refuse to believe the card is dead at the moment :(

LW.

4. micron

micron Diamond Viper 550
    Veteran

It's not dead....seriously, plug it in.

5. lwells

Newcomer

I don't want to damage it though, so I thought I would replace the resistor and then try it... which is why I need to know the resistance of the resistor :)

LW.

6. THe_KELRaTH

Regular

I think you'll find it's 6.8k rather than 8.6

7. pascal

Veteran

This is an SMT resitor. I cant read the value because picture is too small, but go to a celular phone maintenance center and ask for help. Some people are trained with SMT repair equipment.

8. lwells

Newcomer

Hi - how sure are you about that -- that is, do you actually know its 6.8k or are you just assuming since 8.6 is a non-standard rating?

Cheers,
    Lucien.

9. Unit01

Newcomer

Try Rage3D otherwise. Quite a few people that know alot about it. Might have greater luck there since it's a ati fan support forum.