Ideal existing IPs for Nintendo's revolution

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by GwymWeepa, Oct 13, 2005.

1. GwymWeepa

Regular

Okay this subject may have been dealt with before, but I was on hiatus from the internet...so I hope you don't mind a thread a bit similar to what has existed before (but if you take offense and decide to delete, please send me a pm). Anyway, I was reading a review of Black and White 2...and the reviewer mentioned NEVER having to use the keyboard for the game. Everything that can be done could be done with the mouse. Well, wouldn't this just be ideal for the Nintendo revolution?

What other titles can you think of that would require very minimal modification to become an intriguing and engaging title on the revolution?

2. OICAspork

Newcomer

For me...

Samba de Amigo comes to mind... =D

3. Teasy

Veteran

Command and Conquer and Fallout.

4. Powderkeg

Banned

5. OICAspork

Newcomer

A bump for a decent thread...

a couple more ideas:

Super Monkey Ball...

and an old-school similar game, Marble Madness.

=D Oh, and Duck Hunt.

6. Guden Oden

Guden Oden Senior Member
    Legend

Virtua Cop and the like (House of the dead, etc)... Though those are of course only variants of Duck Hunter, which was already mentioned.

Personally I want to see an RTS where you select troops and send them off to battle etc by wavign the wand around. (Pikmin 3 is probably a certain, though I prefer tanks and nukes and stuff like that over weird plants, heh.) Nintendogs and the like could also be done with the wand, and in fuller 3D than on the DS.

7. pc999

Veteran

I think that it may be more than we think, once that we still dont know every controlling thing in the Rev (in the DS they only revealed the DS feature, and the rest a good time after.

With the rights features ( 1 e.g. in my sig) every game could be very well in it.

By now tennis, action (PoP like), FPS... I think that most games in genres already done could be played well IMO, althought some additions could bring even more inovation.

8. StefanS

StefanS meandering Velosoph
    Veteran

Here's the winner of PGC revolution dream game contest:

http://www.planetgamecube.com/specials.cfm?action=profile&id=577

9. Clashman

Regular

Die By The Sword, and some sort of Star Wars Jedi Knight game with an emphasis on the swordplay.

10. Evil_Cloud

Veteran

StarFox
    Zone of The Enders (twin controllers = twin arcade sticks)
    Mario Party, obviously
    Wario Ware

11. OICAspork

Newcomer

Does Zone of Enders use something like the Dreamcast Virtual on sticks? I was thinking that something along those lines would be neat on rev, but figured it would be too obscure for most to recognize.

12. Guden Oden

Guden Oden Senior Member
    Legend

No. The control scheme is quite conventional, stick to move along X-Z plane and two buttons to fly along Y-axis.

13. Iron Tiger

Regular

Luigi's Mansion
    Trauma Center: Under the Knife
    Mario Kart
    F-Zero
    Waverace
    Geist
    Pikmin
    Mario Paint

14. Bad_Boy

Bad_Boy god of war.
    Veteran

oh lord, could you imagine the "star wars kid" with a revolution controller?
    [​IMG]

15. OICAspork

Newcomer

*BUMP*

^o^ Literally, from the first day the Wii controller was unveiled I had hoped that Sega would release Samba de Amigo with a nice maraca shell. That means I really hope this rumour is true:

http://www.rumorreporter.com/?p=226

16. OICAspork

Newcomer

*laughs*

Super Monkey Ball *check*
    Marble Madness *check* (Kororinpa: Marble Mania)

it looks like, assuming the Saba de Amigo rumor pans out, the only remaining thing from my initial wish list is Duck Hunt...

Though I'd also like some sort of stand attachment for two wiimotes to play a new Virtual on game too.

17. archangelmorph

Veteran

IMO nintendo should forget emphasizing bringing existing IP to the Wii (such would be nothing more than an "evolution" than a "revolution"..) and learn to build some new in-house IP..

How many Marios, Zeldas, Metroids & Pokemon's (across multiple titles, across multple platforms, across multiple decades, ad infinum...) will it take before they finally decide to create some new IP...?

:cry:

18. Kryton

Regular

There was a good blog entry somewhere detailing this problem. Wii and DS are targetted at the same market and, all Nintendo seem to be doing at the moment is porting DS games to the Wii. They aren't actively distinguishing the two consoles so are hurting their own market share.

19. Capeta

Banned

It seems people at Nintendo just don't have the cool factor to be able to come up with good original IPs for Wii. Look at what they came up with so far...Excite Truck and War Hammer...ugh. Day of Disaster looks interesting, but I have a feeling they're going to f*k it up. Midnight looks interesting but I feel the same way about that too. They should really hire me to be a game director. :wink: