Ico/Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection

Did they improve the audio ?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...co-shadow-of-the-colossus-collection-for-ps3/

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus have never looked or sounded this good. Both games have been re-mastered to support full 1080p HD resolution for a stunning, razor-sharp presentation, as well as full stereoscopic 3D support to bring the games to life in a brand new dimension. You’ll also be able to enjoy the games in up to 7.1 surround sound this time around, and unlock Trophies as you master, or re-master, these video game classics.

^_^

Fueda mentioned that the animation system of the SOTC was made for 30fps, and that HD remaster will use same framerate. But now it will be rock solid.

I know it's never a good idea to base frame rate on streaming videos, but they did look smooth from the Youtube vids above.

Fueda mentioned that the animation system of the SOTC was made for 30fps, and that HD remaster will use same framerate. But now it will be rock solid.
intentions... B&GE remaster was supposed to be 1080p (and still is advertised as such on PSN) and DNF was intented to be released 1998.

All we got sofar are these off-cam vids which appear to have fluctating framerate. If it turns out to be a prob of the recording or gets fixed till the release then everythings cool, if not then the promise from Fueda is just increasing the pain.

Point is, to paraphrase patsu: we dont know, and neither do you.

I think in the GAF thread, people mentioned texture changes and framerate improvement. I'm sure we will see detailed analysis at launch.

From the official specs, we already know there will be 7.1 audio, high resolution and 3D. Personally, I am very happy to hear about the audio upgrade.

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection: Bonus Content, Trophies Revealed:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...s-collection-bonus-content-trophies-revealed/

I’m happy to give you a preview of what you’ll be able to look forward to when the collection hits on September 27.

Right from your disc, you’ll be able to enjoy these five exclusive bonus videos and go behind-the-scenes to learn more about these two classics and the visionaries that created them:

Early concept and prototype video montage of ICO

Early concept and prototype video montage of Shadow of the Colossus

Initial concept video for NICO, a game that was never made but turned into Shadow of the Colossus, including an on-camera introduction from creator Fumito Ueda

Candid 20+ minute round-table discussion between Fumito Ueda (creator), Kenji Kaido (producer) and Junichi Hosono (designer)

And last but not least, a 12-minute behind-the-scenes video filmed on location at the SCEI offices in Japan. This video features interviews with key production staff members about the making of ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, and The Last Guardian, as well as concept art and prototype footage of all the games, and exclusive never-before-seen footage of The Last Guardian

2011 clearly ends in September.

* Skin Chimeras in early September.

* Save a Griffin (+ castrate an alligator) in late September.

* Exorcize demons in early October and rest of year.

EDIT: Crap, Child of Eden is coming on 30th September.

I never played either ICO or Shadow of the Colossus so I am definitely thinking about picking this up.

My PS3 have been collecting dust for a while.

No DD release?!?!? zzzzzzzzzzzz, then I'll wait until it comes on DD, I am longing for the day all releases will be available on DD from day 1.

Digital Delivery. The sort of service that asks for £55 for FIFA12 instead of <£40 if you buy a disk that you can also play on friend's machines; so I don't understand JPT's insistence on DD only. I'll pick disk every time until DD has some advantage that affords it better value.

What fabulous IQ ICO has! The 1080p res has does wonders, coupled with the AA and the texture improvements dotted around. Might hold off looking at SOTC till i finish this!

SOTC seems so enticing with all the improvement s ! much more particles, fx, and a more beautiful world, upped res and a stable framerate and the same old charm :love: !

Back