i thought it was interesting to hear what people replay...*busts out cryin*

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Cartoon Corpse, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

im also replaying Blood2. came out around the same time as HL1. but didn't get the press. it's enjoyable (if somewhat lesser of a masterpiece than HL1, though some is just as good)...as if they knew what each other were up to at that time. hmm.

2. chavvdarrr

Veteran

HMM2 & 3
    Master Of magic
    Jagged Allience2
    chess ...

3. Diplo

Veteran

I'm replaying 'Monkey Island' on my Pocket PC using scummVM. Works really well with touch-screen.

PS. I thought 'Blood 2' was pretty bad at the time. Wouldn't want to replay it!

4. SuperCow

Newcomer

Except the double-barreled shotgun! Worth playing the game for it alone as it would make zombies fly away huge distances - great fun :)

5. see colon

see colon All Ham & No Potatos
    Veteran

i enjoyed the original Blood, until i was forced to play it lan after lan because my computer was the only one fast enough to enjoy modern titles like Unreal and Quake 2. i still had a blast, though. and i found Blood 2 to be pretty good, but lacked most of the originality that made the first title good.

last month i went on a Max Payne 2 marathon. this month i'm revisiting Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, this time with developer commentary. i tried to play Tribes: Vengeance again, but somehow the game is much uglier than i remember it being, and much less fun.

6. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Dangerously Mirthful
    Legend

I've been replaying a lot of older games lately. Jedi Outcast, Max Payne 2, Far Cry, and most recently I just started up Painkiller again.

There seems to be a real lack of decent games lately, so I've been going back and seeing how much eye-candy I can get out of some older titles with a Crossfire set-up....so far I'm pretty f-ing impressed! :D

7. Guden Oden

Guden Oden Senior Member
    Legend

I only took a short look at Blood 2 before I tossed it. To me, it had none of what made the first game so amazing and creepy. I am still waiting for a proper Blood source port, it has to happen SOME day dammit!

8. L233

Veteran

Time to go on another SMAC binge...

9. _xxx_

Banned

Just replayed MDK2 and yesterday Doom2 (but it will keep spinning a few more times for sure), will do MDK1 and Unreal1 these days. Maybe even Quake1 if I have enough time.

And I hope to finally finish DX2 and FarCry soon. Both didn't really make me want to finish them so they loomed on my HDD since last year untouched.

Blood 2 wasn't that bad, but nothing special either. I didn't like the plasticky look of the LithTech engine here. Shogo, now that might be something worth a replay...

And Turok, of course!

10. Nappe1

Nappe1 lp0 On Fire!
    Veteran

- Rally Speedway (Jolly Roger 1983, Commodore 64)
    - World Class Leader Board Golf (Access Software 1987, Commodore 64)
    - North and South (Infogrames 1989, Amiga 500)
    - OpenTTD version of Transport Tycoon Deluxe (Chris Sawyer & OpenTTD team 1996 - 2006, PC)

and ocasionally also Ignition (UDS 1997, PC)

I do (re)play these on original (listed) hardware of course.

11. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

DOH! maybe it's blood 1 that i remember as the HL1 counterpart.

i think i have it too. maybe it IS better, i'm gonna hunt it up.

im also in the middle of a max payne 2 (finished MP1).

replayed soldier of fortune 1&2 as well.

almost done with Deus Ex 1.

it's comforting to know, that the games i love, i continue to love for the most part (not fickle).

AND...i loaded my save games (old PC) from GTA san andreas last night (not in a Fable mood...im at the arena stage now...i didn't like that much)

anyway. GTA is just beautiful. im still trying to find a mesa (jeep for export import). though im at the 'house in the hills' stage (end?) i never finished it. still have some shells, tags, photos and whatnot to collect. im glad im 'into' it again. searching around for tags and stuff seems interesting. i can still fly planes! (and land). the only problem i had was (is) i can't remember the key to 'open chute'. so i get splatted several times. it's not in the 'control' section that i could find. oh well. i had fun, tooling around in my saved lowriders (i use black/flames, pink tips, yellow interior, ragtop...looks cool)

12. Sobek

Sobek Locally Operating
    Veteran

It's howdy-doody time kiddies...the bad man is here.

:twisted:

I just downloaded the demo today because you reminded me how insanely fun that game was.

Only problem is...it runs at about twice the speed it should (and i'm only running a single core here, so it's not an affinity issue). Had to use !Xspeed to slow it down a tad, but it was never quite the right speed. Any ideas?

13. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

which game blood2? it runs a tad fast on my uber rig.

14. Sobek

Sobek Locally Operating
    Veteran

Oh yes sorry, Blood 2 :smile:

15. _xxx_

Banned

Blood 2 is a D3D game running on LithTech engine. From what you guys are saying, you're probably talking about the old Blood, the DOS game? That's not Blood2.

16. Sobek

Sobek Locally Operating
    Veteran

Oh no, definitely the Blood 2 : The Chosen demo.

It's almost at twice speed really, I can empty dual uzi's in about 3 seconds flat. If not less than that.

17. _xxx_

Banned

Duh, that shouldn't happen. It's a normal DX7 game. I'll see if I can find some time to test it on my machine.

18. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

that doesn't happen to me either. my guy just seems to move pretty fast (not unnaturally), sometimes seems like he's 'sliding' along.

19. Vadi

Regular

I like playing Aliens vs. Predator. The combo of my two favorite movie monsters with a stunning Marine experience (like "Aliens") keeps me playing.
    The hardest difficulty is greatly balanced and unlocking all secrets is close to but not quite frustratingly hard (headbiting living civilians waving molotov cocktails is a challenge). :)
    Even the debug cheat for slowing down (or speeding up) time is great.
    In the Marine bonuslevel "Waterfall" the waves of Aliens don't stop if you don't progress to the end and I love that level. Also skirmish modes as a marine against hordes of Aliens is very cool.

20. _xxx_

Banned

Ohh, will have to replay AvP too! Great game! I wish the second one had half the atmosphere.