I think I'm sick...want 8800GTX for no reason

Mize

3dfx Fan
Legend
I must have surfed zipzoomfly's link for a watercooled bfg 8800GTX a zillion times now...then I find it on newegg after my billionth procrastination surf there...$799 with a shiny danger den on top...mmmm....

Here's the thing though...I don't game anymore! Never have time. Never!
I have an x1800xt (flashed to sapphire's PE bios) that has only ever played HL2 and Farcry and both only by my nephews...NEVER ME?

Why do I want an 8800GTX? I am sick...sure, it's the most important card (IMHO) since the 9700 and sure, I'd love to have time to get back into gaming, but that's not happening anytime soon...I just...want...one...

I am more or less in the same situation as you.
Still holding my PC upgrade.
Replace this new card desire with a new toy. Something tech that will be more usefull for you and maybe your family. Keep your mind busy. :smile2:

I must have surfed zipzoomfly's link for a watercooled bfg 8800GTX a zillion times now...then I find it on newegg after my billionth procrastination surf there...$799 with a shiny danger den on top...mmmm....

Here's the thing though...I don't game anymore! Never have time. Never!
I have an x1800xt (flashed to sapphire's PE bios) that has only ever played HL2 and Farcry and both only by my nephews...NEVER ME?

Why do I want an 8800GTX? I am sick...sure, it's the most important card (IMHO) since the 9700 and sure, I'd love to have time to get back into gaming, but that's not happening anytime soon...I just...want...one...

Here is what you do, you buy it and ship it to me then we can both win :)

I am more or less in the same situation as you.
Still holding my PC upgrade.
Replace this new card desire with a new toy. Something tech that will be more usefull for you and maybe your family. Keep your mind busy. :smile2:

which is exactly where my Xbox 360 came into the picture

i was a twenty something, absolutely love PC gaming, but now that i have a wife and kids i just dont have time to enjo it, and when i do it was always, get this patch, install this driver

so i traded my entire PC for a 360 Premium system with extra wireless controller and games, etc.......

best decision i ever made, now my kids can play Super Monkey Ball on the big HDTV, sometimes my wife and i even get in on the actions and me and the wife can watch movies in HD and play games together after the kids go to bed

best move i ever made

We're kind of a nearly-no-TV-or-video games-house. Have been for over a year now and it's really helped the kids studies and personalities. They can earn up to 2 hrs of TV/PS2/DS time per week (for use only on weekends) but these days they seldom use it as they prefer to read or play outside. They do get 1 movie per week too.

As for my wife she hates video games and, I have to admit, she's way more fun than video games too :) She did get me a PSP, but I only play it on planes or in the crapper :)

We're kind of a nearly-no-TV-or-video games-house. Have been for over a year now and it's really helped the kids studies and personalities. They can earn up to 2 hrs of TV/PS2/DS time per week (for use only on weekends) but these days they seldom use it as they prefer to read or play outside. They do get 1 movie per week too.

As for my wife she hates video games and, I have to admit, she's way more fun than video games too :) She did get me a PSP, but I only play it on planes or in the crapper :)

Is your name Guy Ritchie by any chance?

Back