i think i figured out what i want...

Sage

13 short of a dozen
Regular
...and that's to be one of the dreaded Suits. I want my MBA and I want to work for (and eventually start my own) venture capital firm.

I was born to be a Suit.

Hehe...I should wear suits at work, but I never do. I'm usually in my trusty ol' jeans.

So what exactly do you want to do? MBA is "Master of Business Administration", right? What specific kind of business should that be in your case?

Classic Grey suits are something I'm liking at the moment. So long as you cover all the bases (good cuff links, excellent tie, good shoes), you should be fine.

_xxx_ said:
Hehe...I should wear suits at work, but I never do. I'm usually in my trusty ol' jeans.

Right now I'm wearing a beanie, poloshirt type thing, distressed jeans w/leather belt and trainers. So yeah, ditto.

_xxx_ said:
So what exactly do you want to do? MBA is "Master of Business Administration", right? What specific kind of business should that be in your case?

I think I said it in my first post. I want to be a venture capitalist, work for a firm. IE chase down and negotiate deals with companies that need investors and then pour my firm's money into it, hoping that it will yield massive returns. (okay its a bit more complicated than that... you don't just "hope" you actually do a whole lot of research and number crunching to find the best opportunities.)

Sage said:
_xxx_ said:

I think I said it in my first post. I want to be a venture capitalist, work for a firm. IE chase down and negotiate deals with companies that need investors and then pour my firm's money into it, hoping that it will yield massive returns. (okay its a bit more complicated than that... you don't just "hope" you actually do a whole lot of research and number crunching to find the best opportunities.)

No need to give us a 1-minute How to do Corporate Business lesson :devilish:
Hey, if that's what you want to do, good, it's great money if you're good at it. Be prepared to work loooong hours, go over the top in terms of what you give away, many investment bankers have pretty much no life cause they never leave the office before late in the evening, with all the deadlines and people to talk to, sometimes worldwide... But i guess that's not a prob with you... (already having no life)

london-boy said:
Hey, if that's what you want to do, good, it's great money if you're good at it. Be prepared to work loooong hours, go over the top in terms of what you give away, many investment bankers have pretty much no life cause they never leave the office before late in the evening, with all the deadlines and people to talk to, sometimes worldwide... But i guess that's not a prob with you... (already having no life)

not at all. because, for me there is no greater thrill than making money (not even having money or spending money, it's the making it that is exhillerating) and it gives me a rush unlike anything else I've ever experienced. I get all giddy at just the thought of it!

Sage said:
london-boy said:

not at all. because, for me there is no greater thrill than making money (not even having money or spending money, it's the making it that is exhillerating) and it gives me a rush unlike anything else I've ever experienced. I get all giddy at just the thought of it!

Youngsters :rolleyes:

;)

Trust me, once u start spending the money u make, and see how good it feels, u'll change ur mind.
It's different kinds of feelings, and lately, having no money, the shopping felt more like pain than anything else.. But when u have lots of money and u go out and buy whatever u want, now THAT feels good.

london-boy said:
Trust me, once u start spending the money u make, and see how good it feels, u'll change ur mind.
It's different kinds of feelings, and lately, having no money, the shopping felt more like pain than anything else.. But when u have lots of money and u go out and buy whatever u want, now THAT feels good.

I've had periods of my life where I have been at both extremes- living in a 20-year-old mobile home and being able to buy practically whatever I wanted. Buying thigs is pretty damned great when I can afford to buy whatever I want and not worry about it. However, every time I spend money (even when I have shitloads of it) I can never escape that "dammit, how much could I make off of this money if I wasn't spending it" feeling. SPending money (specifically, on shiny things) is definitely my second favorite thing to do, next to making it. My third favorite thing to do is play with said shiny things once I own them.

Sage said:
SPending money (specifically, on shiny things) is definitely my second favorite thing to do, next to making it. My third favorite thing to do is play with said shiny things once I own them.

So you bought Doom3 and FarCry... ;)

Back