I think about Xbox nearly landing RE4 exclusivity

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by inlimbo, Jun 27, 2019.

1. inlimbo

Newcomer

and it breaks my damned heart. What an already amazing looking game for its era might have looked like if that meeting with Microsoft hadn't rubbed Mikami the wrong way.

https://kotaku.com/why-resident-evil-4-became-a-nintendo-exclusive-5968398

Would likely have also been one of the few Xbox exclusives to really push the hardware toward its theoretical limits, which is always nice.

Cyan likes this.
  2. inlimbo

Newcomer

Light and shadow played much bigger role ine RE3.5 than the game we got

and it's obvious why: RE3.5 is self contained survival horror, RE4 is an AI-heavy hybrid of survival horror and action adventure. While the RE4 we got is no slouch in terms of dynamic lighting, it's asking a lot of a Gamecube to deliver on RE3.5's lighting and RE4's scale and AI, but not an Xbox. Could've been a hell of a thing.

3. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

this is the first time I hear of this story. I bought a game cube that winter to play F-Zero and RE4, This was a killer-app for the Cube, and simply would be great new for the end of the Xbox life cycle.

4. Nesh

Nesh Double Agent
    Legend

I am happy it didnt. I managed to play it on my PS2 :p
    But I am also curious what it could have been with the power of the XBOX