i know it's an old question but...

The same reason why most game developers are initially using 1 core in Xcpu and the PPE in Cell. It is much easier to program for 1 core than it is for multicore.

Andy said:
The same reason why most game developers are initially using 1 core in Xcpu and the PPE in Cell. It is much easier to program for 1 core than it is for multicore.

if they think working with a couple of processors is really hard, what makes they think that they can work with 6 or even 9 processor/threads? there has to be another reason.

Probably becuase if I remember right the VU's were coded in assembly while the SPE's, PPE, and Xenon are coded in diritives of C++.

I believe the communication and connection of the cores in the X360 system and SPE's in CELL are much better than what is supplied to VU0.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't VU0 have to go through VU1 to access main memory? This would present a bit of a problem since VU1 also has many needs for those resources.

Fafalada, Deano, or ERP will probably eb able to chime in here and clear this up. My apologies to those that I missed..

Sonic said:
I believe the communication and connection of the cores in the X360 system and SPE's in CELL are much better than what is supplied to VU0.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't VU0 have to go through VU1 to access main memory? This would present a bit of a problem since VU1 also has many needs for those resources.

Fafalada, Deano, or ERP will probably eb able to chime in here and clear this up. My apologies to those that I missed..
that what i thought i dont think vu0 can be fully used. but then i keep hearing developers using it more and more. i wonder how much of an upgrade youll get if everything runs at a near 100%?

Back