I just got a bit of a surprise, a Radeon Pro Duo!

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Haven't really done much except for installing it and getting the drivers all situated, and mebbe running Deus Ex Mankind Divided's benchmark along with GTA V really quick just to smile.

I asked a friend at AMD if they had any cards laying around since my 7950 was getting old, and they sent me this monster! :D

You deserve some good luck after all youve been through
I typed in 7950 vs 970 to get an idea of how fast your old card was and under reasons to choose the 970
Significantly higher battlefield 4 framerate 88.6 vs 7.5 More than 11.8x higher battlefield 4 framerate
thats got to be an anomaly

Hey, that's an nice upgrade! I've done that one. 5870 is still a hell of a card, I got big love for it. Still got one running in my daughter's rig, the card has got legs!

Just for giggles I disabled crossfire and rebenched Deus Ex Mankind Divided and GTA V, and got about the exact same results.

I knew I was CPU limited, but DAAAAMN! :O

Just for giggles I disabled crossfire and rebenched Deus Ex Mankind Divided and GTA V, and got about the exact same results.

I knew I was CPU limited, but DAAAAMN! :O

Mankind Divided gets obscene multi-GPU scaling if you use DX12 (which is also great for CPU limited scenarios).

You must enable it in the config menu before starting the game. Just make sure you also enable triple buffering in config menu and also go to the driver and enable frame pacing for the game.

A Phenom II 465, and I've been using DX12 for DXMD. Haven't tried it with triple-buffering and frame pacing though, will do when I get a chance.

Amazing what friends can do for you!
I'm really happy for you and a bit envious :)

Rolling on with my R9 290X since almost day 1 waiting for that monster Vega card ...

Nothing wrong with the R9. I got a normal 290 and it runs all the games I have at 60'ish fps at 1080p with usually a mix of high and ultra settings.

Congrats Digi, now ask them for a new cpu :p

Yes, but I have 2xWQHD screens (2560x1440) and some games, even on single screen, dip below freesync 35hz range of my monitor. Time for upgrade, just nothing from AMD to upgrade to :D

Last edited:
Get a 3rd screen and go surround/eyefinity
it rocks for racing games and flight/space sims

That's my plan, but my desk needs to be bigger and to fit bigger desk I need bigger room and to fit bigger room I need bigger house! So as you can imagine, buying 3rd screen can cost me well over £100.000 :)

Back