i just decided to become a vegan

Sage

13 short of a dozen
Regular
thats right, im a vegan now. not because i feel guilty about eating animals... hell, i love to rip my teeth into the flesh of another creature... but because it simply isnt safe anymore. CJD is going to kill a LOT of people and I'm not going to let myself be one of them (unless I've already gotten it which I'm quite afraid of!)

Sonic said:
Wow, you're giving up your Mercedes? I thought you loved that car.

when the heck did i say that?

:?

im just not eating any animal products...

Pick up a big bottle of whey protein powder from a GNC or the like. Drink a good glass a day and get some sun, because if you ate all the beans needed for daily protein intake you'd be a hurricane.

I believe that you're serious, I just think your reasoning is a bit (actually, a terabit) off. The air you breathe every day is more likely to kill you than all the meat on this planet. And being vegan is anything else but healthy. Let alone the fact that you'll be eating much tasteless crap.

Jimmers said:
if you ate all the beans needed for daily protein intake you'd be a hurricane.

rofl.gif

Well, if you are to become a vegan then you need to practice the lifestyle. Not just meat, but any type of animal products. Leather seats.

Sage said:
CJD is going to kill a LOT of people

Where's the evidence for that? The figures I've seen for this country suggest that the incidence rate of vCJD has peaked and is likely falling.

and I'm not going to let myself be one of them (unless I've already gotten it which I'm quite afraid of!)

If it's out there, you've already got it.

Sonic said:
Well, if you are to become a vegan then you need to practice the lifestyle. Not just meat, but any type of animal products. Leather seats.

not all vegans swear off all animal products, for many its just a dietary thing.. besides, ever heard of MBTex? my car has it 8)

_xxx_ said:
I believe that you're serious, I just think your reasoning is a bit (actually, a terabit) off. The air you breathe every day is more likely to kill you than all the meat on this planet. And being vegan is anything else but healthy. Let alone the fact that you'll be eating much tasteless crap.
You apperantly dont know what your talking about. Vegetarian food is by far more tasty than anything else out there. Just find yourself a good indian restaurant and your mouth will be in heavean. :)

epic

They made some vegan food that taste like meat. My parents use to give me those stuff, when I was little, since I hate most vegetables.

Now with GM technology where the hell are vegatables that taste like chocolates or candy ? They really should modified vegatables to have more meaty textures though.

What is "CJD"?

EDITED BITS: Slightly OT, but I heard you can catch madcow's disease thru carrots and potatoes now.
yep.gif

(Either or, they don't have to be mixed)

digitalwanderer said:
What is "CJD"?

EDITED BITS: Slightly OT, but I heard you can catch madcow's disease thru carrots and potatoes now.
yep.gif

Presumably only carrots or potatoes that have been fertilized with other carrots and potatoes. :)

epicstruggle said:
You apperantly dont know what your talking about. Vegetarian food is by far more tasty than anything else out there. Just find yourself a good indian restaurant and your mouth will be in heavean.
Nonsense! If anything it is harder to make vegetarian food tasty. Meaty meals can do just the same things as vegetarian meals, but with the option of having meat. I have nothing against vegetarian food, in fact I have had some very nice vegetarian meals, But to claim that it is nicer than other food is utter nonsense.

CC

epicstruggle said:
You apperantly dont know what your talking about. Vegetarian food is by far more tasty than anything else out there. Just find yourself a good indian restaurant and your mouth will be in heavean. :)

epic

I don't like indian food, not my kind of thing. I _do_ like some vegetarian food (thai, chinese, normal european stuff), but no way in hell could I eat _only_ vegetarian on a day-to-day basis. I'd go nuts. I don't eat lots of flesh, but some is surely needed for the right taste from time to time.

Captain Chickenpants said:
digitalwanderer said:
What is "CJD"?

yep.gif

Presumably only carrots or potatoes that have been fertilized with other carrots and potatoes. :)

If you don't eat the brains, you're safe ;)

Nonsense! If anything it is harder to make vegetarian food tasty. Meaty meals can do just the same things as vegetarian meals, but with the option of having meat. I have nothing against vegetarian food, in fact I have had some very nice vegetarian meals, But to claim that it is nicer than other food is utter nonsense.

Preach on, brother!
beer.gif

Back