I found a little kitty!

homerdog

donator of the year
Legend
Supporter
Was driving home with my parents from dinner and noticed some debris in the road. It was dark and raining so I couldn't make out exactly what it was. At the last second the little pile of debris looked up at me at it was a kitty! We drove right over it but it was so small it cleared the undercarriage.

We turned around to check it out. It had clearly been hit and could not really walk. It pathetically tried to scurry away but didn't make it very far. Once acquired, we put it in a cardboard box, wrapped it up in a towel and took it home. It was crying incessantly until we gave it some warm milk in a saucer. When the vet called back we took it to the animal hospital. It stayed there for 3 nights and now they've given it back.

It will lose a leg but apparently cats can adjust pretty well to that. It was a front leg which the vet said he almost never sees, since usually if an animal gets hit in the front it is dead.

So long story short: some complete asshole hit a little kitty and left it to die in the middle of the cold wet road, and I have a new cat :smile:

BTW vet bills are no joke!

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww... Poor kitty. Anyway, if it was dark and raining, and you thought the kitty was debris then so could the other motorist. S/he might not even have noticed hitting such a small animal like that.

Anyway, glad your kitty made it, and ended up in a good home. Was it a boy or a girl? :)

It's a 5 month old girl kitty sleeping soundly in a queen sized bed between my brother and his girlfriend. It is very sweet. Usually street cats are not so gentle, but I think she doesn't quite know what to make of centralized heat and microwaved whole milk :p

She got milk all over her face!

Going back for more.

BTW my brother's room is trashed with diet mt dew...

You can see the cat's front right leg in the pictures. Apparently the main nerve going to that leg is severed so it is useless. It just dangles and the kitty can't feel it or anything. The vet said he will amputate it in a few days.

Craziest thing is that there was a big black tire mark accross the kitty's chest. I don't know how she survived that. Tough little girl :smile:

The kitty has had the leg removed and is doing well. Very spasmatic and paranoid, but nice and cute!

I would post pics but Imageshack is asking me to pay...

Tumblr, perhaps... Also free, and way less ads than most image hosting services.

Anyway, cheers for lil Kitty doing so well. I lub kitties (but can't have any myself, because I'm too messy and distracted... :()

Have taken her to a vet? Sleepy cats are a sign of an illness sometimes or lack of vitamins

No I decided to have a go at removing her leg myself.....:D

Yeah we took her to the vet when we first met her and several times since, the latest to have the deadleg amputated.

Pics!

Kitty thinks nobody knows where she is...

oRsnf3r.jpg

This is her with my other cat which is super fat. Little kitty thinks the fat cat is her mommy :p and the fat cat is very sweet and okay with that.

VqwBQnS.jpg

^You can't really tell there but her front right leg is gone.

They are both strays; fat cat just walked up one day and decided to stay. At that time she was of normal size... She is the best cat ever!
They have no names afaik, just little cat and big cat. I call the little one Tripod or Deadleg sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back