I found a hidden PS3 feature

hey69

i have a monster
Veteran
you guys can all thank me :cool:

press the ps button for 8 seconds and it disables the controller

Good if you are too lazy to use both hands to select the disable controller option :p
Good if ps3 is on downloading demos, but your tv is on another channel / tv is off

Why are you telling us all this. First Neogaf, then B3d... It is very useful. I use it when I'm on another channel and don't want to switch back to the PS3 to just turn the controller off (ie. if I'm downloading something)

You could also just...you know...hold the PS button for 2 seconds, then press down on the D-Pad, then X, done. That's way faster :)

Like he said though, this benefits someone who is not actually looking at the PS3 on-screen. I could have used this a couple of times myself, and will no doubt do so in the future. Thanks for the heads up hey69! :cool:

Yes but the method I (normally) use works blindly too ;) The menu that comes up when you hold the PS button for one or two seconds always has two options (coming from the XMB at least), where the lower one is turning off the controller.

Point only being that it's faster than holding for 8 seconds, there's nothing wrong with either of course. Just there's a quicker way if you're okay with two button presses :p

Yes but the method I (normally) use works blindly too ;) The menu that comes up when you hold the PS button for one or two seconds always has two options (coming from the XMB at least), where the lower one is turning off the controller.

I do agree with you, and I turn the PS3 off blindly sometimes... but ever since that firmware way-back-when changed the default selection from 'affirmative' from 'negative,' (or is it the other way around?) I always doubt myself as to the result until I see the PS3 actually starting to shut down. At least here I can be completely mindless when it comes to this one thing. :p

Why are you telling us all this. First Neogaf, then B3d... It is very useful. I use it when I'm on another channel and don't want to switch back to the PS3 to just turn the controller off (ie. if I'm downloading something)

because everybody should know!

This was something that came out a long time ago in connection with remote play.

This is the only way to turn-off the controller after activating remote play.

Back