I don't own a PS3, but I'm curious about just how big is the system.

I saw tons of people laughing at how big it was and how it was bigger than the original Xbox. In my mind, it was HUGE, but when I saw it for the very first time at the Digital Life Convention a few months ago, it honestly didn't meet my expectations on how big it was. I saw the comparison photos and it clearly shows that it's bigger than the Xbox, but when I see it in person, I don't find it to be that big. I still think the original Xbox is pretty damn big though.

Then it hit me... How does the PS3/Xbox compare to THIS:
nerdnw3.jpg

AVGNFace.jpg

MY GOD that thing is huge!!! I owned some bootlegged version of it, so I never got to touch the real deal. Ironically, the controller was better in my Chinese bootleg Atari 5200. Seriously, who's bigger, the PS3 or the Atari 5200?

PS3 is not that big, in fact, it is slightly bigger than 360...but it isn't a console that u wanna carry around with. It is quite heavy.

PS3 is pretty big. It kinda made me go "wow" when I opened my box up. But due to the design (it being small in some places and big in others), it doesnt quite "feel" as big as the other consoles mentioned above.

If that made any sense.

Hey Deadlyninja..

Is that a Roger Dean psygnosis poster I see up on your wall there (towards the top right)?

Peace.

That guy's not me. That's the Angry Video Game Nerd.

PS3 is pretty big. It kinda made me go "wow" when I opened my box up. But due to the design (it being small in some places and big in others), it doesnt quite "feel" as big as the other consoles mentioned above.

Yeah, I kinda understand what you mean. I saw the comparison pics and they look big, but when you actually see one up close, it just does look as big as I had imagine. I never held one so I don't know how heavy it is.

Yeah, I kinda understand what you mean. I saw the comparison pics and they look big, but when you actually see one up close, it just does look as big as I had imagine. I never held one so I don't know how heavy it is.
When you have it stacked next to other devices such as a receiver or a DVR, it really fits in well. Subtract out the power brick that some devices need and you have effectively a very clean and elegant unit. It does seem to be a dust and cat hair magnet unfortunately :cry: .

Back