i dont know why everyone is so shocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelbox

Regular
there are a couple games on ps2 and xbox that looks betterthan re4. granted it is a very good looking game, but on the tech side i found it lacking. no DYNAMIC shadows or any bumb mapping yet it still slowed down. and as for the water, mgs3's water was the best looking water ive seen this gen.

the constant threads about "re4 cant be done on ps2 or xbox because gc can only handle the graphics and high poly npcs" crap ive been seeing all over

pixelbox said:
the constant threads about "re4 cant be done on ps2 or xbox because gc can only handle the graphics and high poly npcs" crap ive been seeing all over

Nobody said RE4 couldn't be done on PS2, however, the PS2 version is downgraded from the GC version in more than one way. Anyway where are you getting this notion that RE4 slows down? Also why did you create this thread when you could've just posted this in the other RE4 thread???

There is no need to post a whole new thread if there are all these threads that discuss it. ;)

Don't think I've seen anyone claim what you say around here. Do you really feel this is important enough to complain about this on an unrelated forum? Is it THAT big a deal to you, can't you just shrug and let it pass? :???: :rolleyes:

"Nobody said RE4 couldn't be done on PS2", you have no idea on how many people said this
"the PS2 version is downgraded from the GC version in more than one way",decide on this when the game comes out. i recall iin the gc demo water didnt have refractions, lighting was not a dynamic and objects poped up more. i dont see much of these problems in the final version

"Anyway where are you getting this notion that RE4 slows down?", i saw slow down around the lake area and at that house with the tomb stones. basicly littered around in the game in various areas.

"Also why did you s create this thread when you could've just posted this in the other RE4 thread???" I wasnt comparing the ps2 ign movies :rolleyes: but really i wanted to but i was doing so much on the pc i hit the wrong icon :???:

Guden Oden said:
Don't think I've seen anyone claim what you say around here. Do you really feel this is important enough to complain about this on an unrelated forum? Is it THAT big a deal to you, can't you just shrug and let it pass? :???: :rolleyes:

NO...NO I CANT :rolleyes: it's not this forum that types threads like that. have you ever heard of the forum PVC Forum - Platform Comparison? it's maddening there. anyways i kinda wanted to know what you guys thought about re4 engine.

Powderkeg said:
I've gotten far enough to know that Ninja Gaiden looks better in just about every way.

Ninja Gaiden looks different but not necessarily better. Almost everything in NG is shiny and the environments are pretty simple too. It looks like DOA type graphics. Looks too plastic. You don't see areas with a lot of nice looking trees and brush in NG. All you see is wide open areas with simple geometry. Also in RE4 only things that are supposed to be shiny are shiny. RE4 have better shaders and particles too. Fire, smoke, water, fog, and environmental geometry all look better in RE4. NG is mostly high resolution textures mapped onto fairly simple geometry. NG looks too synthetic and the shaders aren't all that complex nor the particles. Even the castle stages in RE4 looks better than the indoor castle stages of NG.

Stages that standout in RE4 IMO are the Lava level, The lake level with the rain, wind, and thunder at night, the Cave level with the flying bugs, the Swamp level, the Sewer levels and almost all of the boss levels.

Oh and MGS3 cannot even touch RE4. Finish RE4 then get back to us...

pixelbox said:
have you ever heard of the forum PVC Forum - Platform Comparison? it's maddening there.
Yes, we know, which is why we stick to THIS place.

Please don't bring the same kind of useless arguing-topics that permeate those forums here also. I'm not a mod, but I still say if you want to fight over if some other game is given undue praise (in your eyes anyway), you've come to the wrong place. Take those battles elsewhere.

Thanks.

Eventhough this is unnessecary, I think RE4 on Cube looks better than any PS2 game, As for Xbox well... I think there are games that can easily hold their own against RE4, like Halo2, Splinter Cell 3, Doom3 etc.

Powderkeg said:
I've gotten far enough to know that Ninja Gaiden looks better in just about every way.
Well i disagree while NG is highly stylised and looks shinier, in my opinion it just doesnt pack the amount of intricate detail in its graphics. Everything in RE4 is just more detailed right down to the character skin, you'll see all sorts imperfections, creases, individual pimples, skin tone differentiations, life like viens with blood pumping through them. And the enviroments get similar treament.

pixelbox said:
\
to the lava area. i think the sorrow level in mgs3 looked better. that and some parts in sh3 when the walls look like fur-like mildew with vains in it. omg that was the most nasty thing ive seen in a game.
I dont even think the lava area is the best part of RE4. I think the Salazar boss fight is, that beast is convincingly slimy and fleshy. The best effects in RE4 are the indirect texturing, such the cloaking effect (best ive ever seen) used in the sewers, the fire, heat waves and warping effects.

Thread closed because it really offers nothing to the forum, plus the topic has been discussed before in multiple RE4 threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back