I broke my tablet/laptop screen. "ghost touch" and pen only works on half the screen, IPS Glow

Discussion in 'PC Hardware, Software and Displays' started by orangpelupa, Sep 7, 2017.

1. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

Hi! I'm back with tech problem but this time the cause is fairly low-tech! The infamous GRAVITY!

Currently secured with a transparent tape.

Any idea how to :

- reduce the IPS Glow on the cracks?
    - recalibrate the digitizer so hopefully I can use part of the screen that's still intact?

Currently I've disabled the finger touchscreen due to ghost touch. And left the pen digitizer active (but it only works on the tinyyyyyy part of the screen)

Anyway, I'll probably need to order a replacement screen but I'm not confident it will survive the shipping.

Any experience with ordering tablet/laptop replacement screen?

2. Grall

Grall Invisible Member
    Legend

I'm thinking of how we could somehow blame this event on your cat... Not coming up with much. Maybe it gave you the evil eye, causing the accident to happen?

Lightman and orangpelupa like this.
  3. Rurouni

Veteran

Well... Cat.... Gravity.... Kat.... I'm sure there is a connection somewhere.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

orangpelupa likes this.
  4. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

aww now i remember the fun i had with Kat

5. Davros

Legend

To save you time in future just have all your purchases sent to my house and I'll break them for you.......

6. Lightman

Veteran Subscriber

I've replaced several laptop screens and all went smoothly. Digitizer calibration would have to be supported from BIOS, so you're out of luck in most cases ...

pharma and orangpelupa like this.