Humus

Davros

Legend
Are you ok ?

"Swedish developer Avalanche Studios has laid off 77 employees, representing about half of its workforce. Avalanche lost two publishing contracts worth something in the neighborhood of $34 million, though neither of these were announced yet, and their previously announced project, Just Cause 2 and The Hunter, are still in development. "

I'm fine in the sense that I'll get to keep my job. Not so happy about half the company having to leave, including of course a lot of good friends. :(

Such a shame things like that still happen despite the games industry being more prosperous than ever. And with saying that hopefully they won't have trouble getting another job in the industry with their experience.

Good to hear it, Humus. Sad about the other people. I read most of them were able to find new jobs, though.

Bring on JC2. I think it will be much better than FC2.

I read most of them were able to find new jobs, though.

That'd be way too early to say. I doubt more than a few of them have actually applied for any new job yet. The Swedish game industry isn't that large. I doubt the other companies will be able to absorb this many people.

That'd be way too early to say. I doubt more than a few of them have actually applied for any new job yet. The Swedish game industry isn't that large. I doubt the other companies will be able to absorb this many people.

Must have been an optimist talking, or something. At least I can remember he (bossman, I think) said they would help them find new jobs.

Well, he said something like "these are skilled people, they'll have a new job tomorrow", refering to them being very hireable, rather than saying like "we've found new jobs for these people".

Ah, I must have misunderstood then. Speed-reading isn't always good.

Back