human shields in Iraq "shocked back into reality"

DemoCoder

Veteran
http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=20030321-023627-5923r

A group of American anti-war demonstrators who came to Iraq with Japanese human shield volunteers made it across the border today with 14 hours of uncensored video, all shot without Iraqi government minders present. Kenneth Joseph, a young American pastor with the Assyrian Church of the East, told UPI the trip "had shocked me back to reality." Some of the Iraqis he interviewed on camera "told me they would commit suicide if American bombing didn't start. They were willing to see their homes demolished to gain their freedom from Saddam's bloody tyranny. They convinced me that Saddam was a monster the likes of which the world had not seen since Stalin and Hitler. He and his sons are sick sadists. Their tales of slow torture and killing made me ill, such as people put in a huge shredder for plastic products, feet first so they could hear their screams as bodies got chewed up from foot to head."

Re: human shields in Iraq "shocked back into reality&am

DemoCoder said:
Some of the Iraqis he interviewed on camera "told me they would commit suicide if American bombing didn't start. They were willing to see their homes demolished to gain their freedom from Saddam's bloody tyranny. They convinced me that Saddam was a monster the likes of which the world had not seen since Stalin and Hitler."

But yet, Saddam has plenty of support in New York City and San Fransisco today.... :rolleyes:

Lets ship these scumbags over....

I was in NYC today at one of the antiwar rallies. To be honest, a lot of people showed up for the show, and the food! I know I was!

A lot of the usual suspects were marching, hippies, people with lots of piercings/anarchist types. And funnily enough, a lot of older types.

Vince said:
But yet, Saddam has plenty of support in New York City and San Fransisco today.... :rolleyes:
Lets ship these scumbags over....
I agree, lets send these saddam appeazers to Iraq. Hope the human shield converts get some bigger press.

later,

epicstruggle said:
I agree, lets send these saddam appeazers to Iraq. Hope the human shield converts get some bigger press.

Do they not realize that they, infact, are helping the terrorist enemies of the state by holding up Law Enforcment who could be protecting possible targeted installations. They are a threat, and should be treated as such.

I seriously believe that these people have nothing better to do. This situation gives them something to belong to, a manifested cause to rally around that agrees with their rebellious instincts. I mean, look at the Anti-War people, they're all scummy, young, (or both), or old and lacking usable neurons due that that whole '70s period.

Or, look at the physical diffrences between the anti-war protestors and the pro-troop protestors - pretty telling.

Vince, your right, I might have gone a bit far, but these people have been brainwashed. I do not hear a valid arguement against the war. Mostly I hear bush is hitler, or no blood for oil. Brainwashed i tell you.

later,

Maybe CosmoKramer would like to go now since he would not set foot in America. Is Iraq calling :D

I was asked by a female comrade to join the peace rally in Sydney. After talking to her about it, it becomes apparent that many people have made up their minds without thinking about the problems. Although this is true for the opposite camp too, I don't think it's as severe.

I dunno, but if this legit then im sure the major networks will be airing it soon. Until then i think id remain a little skeptical. Smells to much like propaganda.

Vince said:
Or, look at the physical diffrences between the anti-war protestors and the pro-troop protestors - pretty telling.

I'd just like to point out that while I in fact support the war (though not everything surrounding it), this is not a form of argumentation that I want to be associated with.
Vince, I'm not saying that you are trying to associate me with it, but it might happen anyway.

any chance you can translate for us. I tried googles language tool and got this as the last answer:

Thus if I on the way am, I notice that humans hate in the meantime Bush still more than Hussein. It does not have the mandate of these humans, in order to conquer their country.
I can tell they hate bush more than hussein but not the last part.

later,

Well, my german is pretty rusty but it goes something like this :

Q : Do the people hope for a quick removal of Saddam Hussein ?

A : When i'm moving around the city, i feel that some of the people in the meantime hate Bush more than Hussein. He does not have the mandate to conquer the land from these people.

And to summarize :

The guy interviewed is head of a lab in Berlin who came to Baghdad as part of a human shield group - also from Berlin. Most were persuaded to turn back as their embassy reminded them that any insurance money might be denied if something were to happen to them. He stayed back and offered his help to a nearby christian hospital who were happy to accept his offer. They haven't had many injuries yet but he believes it's only a matter of time. He also spoke of the complete madness the night of the real bombing campaign started. He watched it from the hotel where bombs fell as close as 500 meters from the site. Anti air guns were real close in the vicinity.

I Hope I'm not too far off the mark ;)

Back