hum...

Sage

13 short of a dozen
Regular
well, I just got back home from a brief exodus to oklahoma. and I just realized why I'm depressed all of the time here... I got no friends here! In Ardmore I had 2 friends and met about 6 other people that I could hang out with occassionally. Then, I get back here and I'm like "whoa... who am I going to hang out with now? There's not one single person in this whole bedamned metroplex (other than my cousin and we dont really mesh well) that I can hang out with..." and it just kind of hit me why I get so depressed or obsess over things so much.

oh yeah, it also explains why I have been sucked into such dispicable perversions... i have WAY too much time alone

I see what you mean, your already replying to your own threads just so it feels like there's a friend you can talk to... :!:

You can make friends wherever you go, if you want to. While most of the community at B3D are here to help, would you really consider us friends? Probably not. Point being, if you want real-life friends, find some social activities you enjoy for example sports, classes etc. (whatever you are into more or less) and chances are you'll find people that share similar interests and voila.

All the best mate.

-Andy

Andy said:
While most of the community at B3D are here to help, would you really consider us friends? Probably not.

actually, yes I do consider the B3D community my friend.

but just in case anyone misunderstood, this is not another "sage bitching about being lonely" thread. I just wanted to share an "Ah-HA!" moment with you.

Andy said:
While most of the community at B3D are here to help, would you really consider us friends? Probably not.
I'll disagree on that one too, I've actually made quite a good number of friends here with people I've only met on the boards of Beyond3D.

Mebbe I'm the exception and not the rule, but I tend to look at this as just another way of people communicating and don't see why you can't build relationships using it also.

I know a lot of people don't view it that way, but they probably have the time for social lives or something weird like that. :?

I ain't got that luxury right now, but I got me my boards to give me good company/conversation when I need a break from my own life for a bit and THAT is one hell of a great luxury and I think a sanity-saver for me since I retired from working back in '99 or so to become a stay at home parent.

Your own mileage may vary, but I find you tend to get out of the relationships you make on the board exactly what you put into them....and my thanks to all my friends here for helping to keep me all sane and all, my family really does appreciate it. ;)

Thank you for a refreshing thread, Sage. I too have noticed that many (if not most) people don't view the internet as communication with real people. I do, and feel like I can create friends, etc.

But regarding making friends anywhere, yes, it's possible. But sometimes it can be a bitch to find friends who can be really close to you, rather than a nice person to talk to.

Back