Huawei Ascend D/ Hisilicon K3V2 - Quadcore with 16-core graphics

Which leaves one mystery partner for the list of so far 8 Rogue licensees to complete.

Its far from clear that this is one of the existing 8. I suspect this makes 9. We'll only know that for sure at IMG's next results, which will be in June.

Looks like the Ascend D Quad XL which should have featured that K3V2 chip never made it to market but there's new announcements for the Ascend D1 Quad XL (using the same chip).
I'm really wondering how that chip fares in practice (even though the cpu part is just a rather boring 4xCortexA9).

GLBenchmark seems to indicate performance roughly near Apple's A5, falling a little comparatively when perhaps fillrate is emphasized and gaining a little when perhaps shader operations are emphasized, for the Vivante/HiSilicon based Immersion GPU.

Something looks seriously wrong with those scores. How do you end up with a much lower score at native resolution and much higher score with offscreen when the device in question has a lower resolution?

Even if: what exactly do you need over 200fps for to render a GUI?

Something looks seriously wrong with those scores. How do you end up with a much lower score at native resolution and much higher score with offscreen when the device in question has a lower resolution?

All I know is that the native resolution use vsync and offscreen (720p) doesn't use vsync.

All I know is that the native resolution use vsync and offscreen (720p) doesn't use vsync.

Exophase has a point though. Assume those scores are for real I'd rather have the Google Nexus10 scores instead. Vsynced performance is just a notch below 60fps/Hz (at 2560) and offscreen 720p at 150+ fps. If the Huawei tablets really are vsynced at below 40fps and offscreen at way over 200fps, I'm afraid it could suggest some huge spikes in performance or there's simply something with the benchmark runs themselves which aren't uncommon from time to time in the Kishonti database either and get deleted asap.

I guess the problem is that the score is an aggregate of several (pretty different) benchmarks, or the benchmarks themselves are very erratic. Or the display refresh rate is much worse on the Huawei devices (doubt it). I'd like to see more information. Too bad they don't list the database on their site..

Apparently there's a new K3V3 coming out shortly.

They say 8-core with Cortex A15 so I assume big.LITTLE with A7, and a Mali GPU (they don't say which one).

Back