How to stop IE from bugging about installing Flash?

Grall

Invisible Member
Legend
I've disabled 3rd party addons entirely in the advanced browser settings, yet the bastard still keeps nagging ALL THE TIME with those damn popups seemingly every time I go to a site that uses flash (which TBH, is the majority these days.)

Don't want to switch to a different browser, I don't really like chrome and I like Mozilla even less. IE's fine, with a few irritating exceptions and this is one of them. :(

You could try Opera.

I also heard something about blocking flash in IE (a hack sorta), that was a while back, but it might also work.

Hmmm, I don't get pop-ups to install flash. Then again I have Flash installed but disabled in the add-ons manager. Not sure if that would influence anything.

Regards,
SB

I'm wondering about this too. Was thinking about going around and uninstalling flash/java off all the work machines.

:LOL:

Yesterday I had to uninstall IE9. And a surprise- after restarting the system, it didn't behave normally- CCC stopped functioning with some weird error message. Folders didn't open in the same window, despite the settings say so, had to use disk cleanup because Windows created around 450 MB of junk errors report...

After installing IE10 everything returned to normal.

I didn't know that Windows 7 normal functioning depends so much on the presence of IE... :rolleyes:

IE is a very special case and peculiar beast in windows these days; for example I've had IE hang on me and it has been IMPOSSIBLE to shut it down, trying to kill the IE task has just been completely ignored by the OS.

Not sure installing flash and then disabling the plugin really would solve much; while IE would probably stop nagging I'm not sure I would be immune to flash exploits even with the plugin disabled; it's still on disk and you can be sure that bits of it loads into memory upon bootup... I'm suspicious! :p

I don't even doubt that IE is a very special court case.
However, I am sure that if EU puts a serious fine on MS, those will immediately resolve the issues. :LOL:

Back