How to improve value of online passes (PS+ and XBL Gold) *spawn*

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobwal

Legend
True, but I'm certainly not holding my breath as I imagine their focus will be on trying to sell XO rather than appealing to an older platform & non-Gold members there (free games on 360 don't mean anything on XO).

I wonder what both Sony and MS will do for the new consoles. Adding value to gold/plus membership is a far easier endeavor for the 360 and PS3. Giving away free games is easier when you have a huge library of older popular titles.

What do you get with the PSXB1 because unless they develop new titles with the intent of giving them away, there are no old titles that are ready to serve Gold and Plus members?

Its bascially a reversion back to basic live like features of last gen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what both Sony and MS will do for the new consoles. Adding value to gold/plus membership is a far easier endeavor for the 360 and PS3..

This is not the only way to add value contrary to neogaf nexus opinion because "PS+".

For example, from what I've seen normal PSN pricing is horrendous, MS often has a notable edge there that isn't talked about (Tomb Raider $59 PSN $29 XBL when I looked recently, no sales), not even getting into sales like the current one on XBL that dont exist on PSN. Much faster servers to download from is another.

A one off sample isn't necessarily accurate. Most cross-platform titles are about the same price when released. If one or other company decides to discount a title (and AFAIK those prices are set by the publisher), that doesn't mean all prices are similarly extreme. Furthermore, buying games isn't added value to Live! because that's independent to Live. You're comparing the value of the online stores as opposed to the value of the subscription requirements. Both XB1 and PS4 require the user to pay to play online. With PS4, that comes with a LOT of free games. This current move by MS doesn't appear to be a long-term intention, but they may be testing the waters for a comparable service to PS+.

This is not the only way to add value contrary to neogaf nexus opinion because "PS+".

For example, from what I've seen normal PSN pricing is horrendous, MS often has a notable edge there that isn't talked about (Tomb Raider $59 PSN $29 XBL when I looked recently, no sales), not even getting into sales like the current one on XBL that dont exist on PSN. Much faster servers to download from is another.

Tomb Raider + DLC was recently $21 for PS+ members. Assassin's Creed III was $20 as well. Sales don't happen at the same time, but it is very clear that publishers are experimenting with deeper DD sales to generate data on how that affects revenues. The fact that they keep doing it is a very good sign for this next generation where *every* game will be available digitally.

You mean like the currect one on psn?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/07/01/psn-summer-blast-hot-discounts-starting-tomorrow/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back