How many times does the WinXP progress bar scroll before entering log in screen?

Number of times the progress bar scrolls before log in screen appears on a WinXP PC.

• 5 times or less

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • 6 to 10 times

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 11 to 15 times

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 16 to 20 times

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • More than 20 times

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RudeCurve

Banned
I'd like to know how long it takes YOUR PC(s) to boot into the log on screen based on the number of times the progress bar scrolls. You can select multiple choices if you have more than one PC running XP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wiped my XP partition weeks ago. Ain't going back.

The only XP I use is with any regularity is XP Embedded (WEPOS 1.1 and POSReady 2009) at the office for development of our lightweight restaurant systems. Those boxes can take several swipes before getting started...

I've never counted, but I figured I'd put just another useless comment in here.. I use OSX.

around 5 times, but on the previous install it was only once. with the same hardware except the HDD. I don't know why

system properties - user profiles
mines 3.3gb is that normal ?
User profile data is exactly that -- data that you've saved to your user profile folder structure (C:\Documents and Settings\Davros\). This includes your desktop, your documents, your music, your downloads, et al. This does not include shared documents, shared music, or stuff that you've saved in folders elsewhere in the C:\ drive.

Zero. XP was wiped from all my systems years ago.

hmm.
C:\Documents and Settings\Davros\
is 7gb ?
You realize a ton of games/programs use that area to store info, right? Like probably most of your saved games, profiles, etc.

Mine is 4.2Gb in win 7 64 if that makes ya feel any better. It's one of those things that makes an occasional reformatting a good thing. ;)

me took countless loading swipe. but thanks to hibernation. i not need to wait that loading everytime i turn on that pc.

will count it aftwr got home

Back