How does Xenos compare to 7800??

I was going back and forth in my head about if I should post in this thread....I can't ofer any technical information...but I can say that this thread will end badly..unless some constructive debate is done...instead of bomb throwing....

The best information on Xenos/C1/R500 available.

Appart from that we do not know enough about RSX (or Xenos in the wild) to compare without wild speculation... which we have done. And most would agree that they are in the "same league" with different strengths, weaknesses, and featuresets/options--but for the most part pretty similar (more similar than last gen and we saw how that ended in regards to the consumer end product... differences yes, but clearly in the same ballpark). And it does not really matter as developers will design to their strengths, sooo comparing them just tells us what devs may or may not do to get the desired result, which will be about the same in general... Both are powerful enough that we will see some killer games on both platforms. Anyhow.

All the answers you will ever want on the subject, in intimate detail.

The 2nd link is the key. Use it and enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd imagine it compares very favourably (ie. its better), but 7800/RSX/Xenos should all be in the same league.

Not to rain on any parades, but are those videos really appropriate metrics? Well, I doubt you intended them to be just metrics, but... well, anyway. I'll get to the point. As I understand the Luna demo actually runs decently on a 6800U and the Ruby demo was intended for the r520. In other words, neither demo really pushes and shows the full potential of the gpus. Useful or not, I just wanted to comment about that.

Back