How do I run a Windows 95/98 game in XP pro?

Soapmonkey

Newcomer
The shrink wrap hasn't yet been removed from my newbie self, so I hope people here understand I post to learn more. That said, I had an emulator that opened its own window and ran in it once, but recently when I bought the old game Black and White I was unable to run it. I thought that one time a person told me I can run older programs if I did a certain thing, but its been so long since I needed to use it I don't remember. I have a couple old Sega Sonic PC games I'd like to run, there is a way, right?

I'd appriciate any help.

Soapmonkey said:
The shrink wrap hasn't yet been removed from my newbie self, so I hope people here understand I post to learn more. That said, I had an emulator that opened its own window and ran in it once, but recently when I bought the old game Black and White I was unable to run it. I thought that one time a person told me I can run older programs if I did a certain thing, but its been so long since I needed to use it I don't remember. I have a couple old Sega Sonic PC games I'd like to run, there is a way, right?

I'd appriciate any help.

Right click on your shortcut icons / properties / Compatibility Tab / check the Compatibility mode ( and select the correct choice ) Run this program in compatibility mode for : 95/98/2000/blablabla

RainZ

rainz said:
Right click on your shortcut icons / properties / Compatibility Tab / check the Compatibility mode ( and select the correct choice ) Run this program in compatibility mode for : 95/98/2000/blablabla

RainZ

Sadly that doesn't always work. I have the original Need for Speed which refuses to run claiming some damned invalid file size bs. Same for GTA2.

Back