How can I make custom per game settings with the 9700Pro?

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by Yannis, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Yannis

Newcomer

Hi,

I have the 9700 card from Crucial and while its a great card I need to have custom settings per game. For example Arx Fatalis doesn't work with AA or AF. I tried rage3d tweak, but call me stupid I cant figure out how to make my own profiles. They just dont seem to change anything!! Is there any other program which will let me simply make custom AA/AF profiles?

Thanks in advance
    Yannis

2. Ichneumon

Regular

I can help you out if you're having problems making profiles in r3dtweak... Once you see how its done, you'll probably go "doh!" :)

The crux of it is right-click on the Profiles category and you'll get a menu. Select New>OGL/D3D Profile (whichever the game you want to do calls for.. or u can set a profile that will set both ogl and d3d settings).

When you do that, a new category will appear (User Profile) and you can type in a name for your new profile.

Then, change the settings in the tweaker to be what you want them to be and hit apply. you must apply the tweaks before setting the profile. Also, you have to change at least one of the tweaks before you can "set" a profile... for reasons not worth explaining right now.

Right-clicking on the profile you created will then give you a menu with the option to "Set" the profile. Hit set, then hit apply. Your profile is now saved.

To apply that profile to a specific game, click on "set auto-run" in the right-click menu and type in the executable name in the data box. No path is needed, just the name of the .exe. (ex. quake3.exe, or unreal2.exe)

Now you can enable the auto-profile by right-clicking the profile again and selecting "Auto-run". That will place a check mark by the auto-run and let you know the profile is set to be applied when you launch the game. :)

When the game with your custom profile exits, the "Reset" profile will be applied, so if you wish to change the defaults, the Reset profile is the place to do it.

hehe, it's much easier to do than it is to explain... (lol, prolly why my docs are, uh... slightly (*whistles innocently* :oops: ) out of sync with the current version)

Be sure that if the game you are running uses a launcher you put in the actual game exe and not the launcher exe. putting it on the launcher sometimes works and sometimes doesn't depending on the game.

3. Yannis

Newcomer

thanks, but...

I found a much easier program to use. Its called Radlinker and its great for making custom profiles.

thanks again
    Yannis