How about reviews on video card accessories?

micron

Diamond Viper 550
Veteran
I uderstand that the focus of reviews at B3D has been dedicated to video cards in particular, but wouldnt it be the slightest bit interesting to review aftermarket products relating to 3d hardware?

Ooh, I've always though Gainward cards would look just lovely with a Gucci handbag or Tiffany earrings. ;)

At least somebody replied. There's nothing worse then asking a question and having it go completely ignored. :cry:

Well, it *is* a Saturday nite. Can't expect everyone to jump all over it so soon on the weekend.

On topic, what aftermarket accy's are you talking about? Only think I can think of are HSF's, like Zalmans or water coolers. It doesn't seem to be in keeping with B3D's focus, though.

Aww, come on. Certainly there's some sort of cables you can buy for $1000/ft that improve the IQ by some perceptible amount.

I mean, it works for audio. Certainly video needs even more expensive cables.

Or a gucci bag.

If only "I" was alowed to run Beyond 3D for a day....Hmmmmm
(insert mind wandering dreamy music)
Welcome to eyond|3D!
Fix yerself up a sloppin' heap of Hardware reviews that say "Fix me a pot pie Beeyatch!"
Gasp at our verbage as we slander other review sites till they admit they've been PWNED!
Participate in our forums and hang on my every word like it's gospel!.
Witness me ban lowly members for simply questioning me about my views and ethics!
Fork out your pocketbook as I selfishly ask you to pay for a new web server, even though you know I [peep] Nvidia for cash and am rich!

You know, maybe it's not a good idea for 'just anyone' to have their own review site...

"Hello and welcome to our review of a video card fan. This fan, uhh....spins and stuff. Let us now go into some very detailed physics on how different fan configurations yield differing results.

*insert complicated physics equations here*"

:LOL:

Lol....the fan would be the true heart of the discussion, I dont know enough about the rest of the workings on a video card.....

Squega said:
"Hello and welcome to our review of a video card fan. This fan, uhh....spins and stuff.

No, the video card fan doesn't spin, but posts in the forums. :LOL:

Nah, according to Einstein it's really not the fan that's spinning, it's the card, the whole computer and the whole universe really that spins around it. 8)

Humus said:
Nah, according to Einstein it's really not the fan that's spinning, it's the card, the whole computer and the whole universe really that spins around it. 8)
lucky fan, i wish the universe revolved around me.... wait a minute, I almost forgot- it does!

I think it's a good idea.

At least once it would be nice to see what all kinds of heatsink solutions there are and how much they help overclocking (or noise reduction), does just changing a fan help, does Nordost produce BNC cables, how to add blinkenlights à la Hercules 9800P (and a vanity mirror to a PCI slot beneath!!!), what's the real effect of memory heatsinks to overclocking (and whether Arctic Silver II paste makes a difference there), and whatnot.

All of this wouldn't have to be terribly serious as it isn't B3D's core business, but many of the readers would probably be interested in knowing. Maybe just a compilation of what other cooling oriented sites have found out and what other sources tell.

Micron, carry on (maybe throw this to the Site Feedback forum)!

Uhm. Even the 3D-stereo-glasses? 8)
I think they have been reviewed someplace, but perhaps not here on B3D?

I do happen to have a pair (of tiny wired ones) and they work amazingly well. I can't understand thay haven't received more fame because they are just uncanny - it's close to virtual reality.
(oh well, the see-through is a bit high, but anyway, even some non-gamer friends are amazed that they are not supported more if they work that well)

Uh, oh well, this is missing the crazy tune-up and scientific stuff. :)

Back