Hot key for different monitor settings?

Okay what I'm trying to do is create 2 different profiles and assign them to a hot key to switch to different hdmi modes.

I want one movie mode, this one has to pic my tv as the main display and so it runs in full hd.
In the second mode I want it to clone my laptop screen. I got a e450 laptop so it won't run any games at full hd (not at decent fps) but its okay for a bunch of games at its native resolution.

If possible I would like to be able to easily switch between both options withouth having to manually do this each time. I don't think this is supported native on windows 7 but maybe there is some work-around?

Okay what I'm trying to do is create 2 different profiles and assign them to a hot key to switch to different hdmi modes.

I want one movie mode, this one has to pic my tv as the main display and so it runs in full hd.
In the second mode I want it to clone my laptop screen. I got a e450 laptop so it won't run any games at full hd (not at decent fps) but its okay for a bunch of games at its native resolution.

If possible I would like to be able to easily switch between both options withouth having to manually do this each time. I don't think this is supported native on windows 7 but maybe there is some work-around?

The AMD Catalyst Control Center (or what it's called these days) should support it.

It certainly does, but I assumed he doesnt have an amd card as he would already know that

Well, he said he has a e450 note-/netbook and I'm not aware of one that _doesn't_ have amd graphics...

Oh, and the Windows 7 shortcut method/Win+P AFAIK doesn't support changing resolutions, or does it?
When I think about it...hm, you're right, it should be enough, since it should change the TV resolution to 1366x768 in clone mode, and to the TV's 1080p when in single TV mode.

In that case setup the monitors the way you want then in ccc add preset (dont forget to setup a hotkey)
it will even switch off the monitor or tv for you

Back